Saturday, December 4, 2021

December 4th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Spent quite a bit of time catching up on TV this week.  Don't think I would have made it expect only about half my shows were on this week.  And I'm not complaining.

Hawkeye (11/24) – I almost didn’t watch this show based on my reaction to some of the others, but I’m glad I’ve given this a chance.  So far, it’s been fun.  Great cliffhangers.  Kind of glad I get to see what happens next quickly since I didn’t watch it when it premiered (obviously).  Curious how all these plot threads are going to tie together.  Wish we didn’t have the “I’ll be home by Christmas” ticking clock, however.  I’m sure he will be, but I don’t need any more pressure in my life, and somehow that is stressing me out.

Survivor (11/24) – Wow!  They got rid of Shan!!  I honestly thought she was going to win, but I’m glad to see her gone.  Of course, Ricado can leave next as far as I’m concerned.  I find it rich her calling out a “snack” on her way out since she was one all along.

Legends of Tomorrow (11/24) – That scene with Ava on the floor that turned into an I Love Lucy tribute?  Classic!  I would have seen it coming even if a friend hadn’t messaged me, but it was fantastic either way.  The lecture I could have done without.  Not that integration isn’t a great thing, but the lecture took away some of the thrill.  But what I really want to know is what is going on with that cliffhanger.  Because seriously, who are those legends who showed up at the end?

Batwoman (11/24) – I’ve been describing Alice as Batwoman’s version of The Joker.  Clearly I am wrong about that as Marcus is clearly going to become the Joker.  I’m curious where they are going to go with that storyline.  Got to say, I am loving this new version of Mary.  Obviously, something in between will be good when the arc is over, but seeing her turning bad is fun, and the dynamic with Alice is working, too.

The Equalizer – Here’s a tip, if you want to make a point, don’t have a character who is supposed to be a terrorist making it.  Seriously, could their lecture be any more tone deaf and annoying.  But that cliffhanger!  Yikes.  I can’t wait to see where they go with that.  Although if they don’t tone down the lecturing, I might not make it through the rest of the season.

The Flash – I feel like that was a bit more about the rest of the team, especially Iris and Cecil than Barry.  Not that I’m complaining.  I get where they were both coming from when they had their argument.  I’m glad to see my theory that Joe isn’t really dead is coming into play already.  I did not see that cliffhanger ending coming.  Nice to see a bit more of Alex Danvers, too.  Maybe she will be in these episodes more.

Hawkeye – I’m seriously having a blast with this show.  Great action sequences, some pretty funny humor, and plenty of plots twists to keep me engaged.  Really glad I gave this one a chance.

Survivor – Based on how long they had when they went to tribal, you knew they’d have a vote.  That conversation did take up some time (I was surprised we went there with 25 minutes left in the episode).  It was the easy vote.  Now to see if they make another easy vote next time or if the alliance of four starts eating itself.

United States of Al – Predictable story, but there were some good laughs in there.  And plenty of heart as well.  No, I don’t think this will ever be a truly classic sitcom, but I’m glad I stuck with it.  It has really found itself, and I’m enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.