Saturday, January 13, 2024

January 13th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Percy Jackson and the Olympians – I know I’ve been saying I don’t remember the books that well.  I definitely didn’t remember this little adventure.  As soon as Percy figured out what they had to do, I was trying to remember how they got out of that one.  But I feel like they had a stop in Nashville at some point that is being cut out.  Maybe I have the wrong book, but I don’t think so.  Oh well, even with 8 episodes, they had to cut some things out, right?

Night Court – A perfect example of what this show is like.  Part of this were pretty funny.  And parts were pretty stupid.  Sometimes in the same scene.  I enjoyed it overall, but it really could have been better.

Extended Family – I wasn’t completely sold on the episode, mainly because the game was so over the top violent.  But then they use climate change to solve it.  Yes, I get that it was supposed to be over the top funny, and it was to a certain extent.  But I was rolling my eyes at it, too.

Only Murders in the Building – I have no clue who might have done it at this point.  Or even for sure what the motive will wind up being.  We’ve got a couple of different possibilities, and I could see it going either way.  Definitely still enjoying it.

The Challenge – All this fighting!  Do they not get that alliances are going to change as the game changes?  At least people get that on Survivor.  I hadn’t realized how spoiled I was by people’s attitudes toward that on the show in fact.  Nice to see them keeping their money for another week.  Although, as they started talking, how many people are going to the final?

Press Your Luck – The Whammy was out in force for the first half.  Two players got three.  That’s amazing.  He was much better behaved in the bonus round, although he was pretty painful when he showed up in the last round.  Still, she got to take home a decent amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.