Saturday, January 6, 2024

January 6th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Percy Jackson and the Olympians – I’d completely forgotten about the stop in St. Louis.  I’d also kind of forgotten how episodic the book was, but watching it on TV, this is kind of how the book felt.  We have an adventure here.  We have one there.  And eventually we make it to our goal.  At least hopefully we do.  I don’t want to spoil anything.

Night Court – You know, I’d completely forgotten about Dan moving away as the cliffhanger at the end of season one.  Of course, we all knew he wasn’t going to stay away, so I guess I just wasn’t that worried about him staying away.  This was a decent premier, although not knowing Roz from the original series definitely diminished the impact some.  And why would Dan come all this way to help her out?  That didn’t really make any sense to me.

Extended Family – Got to admit, I found it amusing.  Not completely sold yet, but I did enjoy it.  Or at least parts of it.  They definitely went into the TMI category.  But I liked the way they ended things.  Kind of sweet, in a way.

Only Murders in the Building – Since I don’t have Hulu, I haven’t watched this show, but I always figured I would enjoy it.  And I’m loving it!  Three episodes wasn’t enough.  I’m looking forward to next week to find out what is really going on.

The Challenge – I really wish they’d instigate a rule that if you win an elimination, you are safe in the next round.  I mean, it is ridiculous to keep putting the same people in.  I was glad Michelle wound up in the elimination since she was talking about coasting.  Part of me wishes she had lost since we need to do something to shake up the game.  On the other hand, I’m always rooting for the champion to be defeated.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter and I are really enjoying the PJ remake on Disney. I'm sad it will end after only a couple more episodes.

    We LOVE OMitB. I'm glad those without Hulu are able to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.