Saturday, January 27, 2024

January 27th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Wilds Cards (Episode 1) – I’m not completely sold yet, but I did enjoy this episode.  It’s been done before, as they referenced.  Max is too much, I like her when she’s toned down a little.  I’ll keep watching for now.  After all, a pilot is often weaker because it has so much exposition to do.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians – I get that they were in the Underworld, but what was up with it being so dark for a while there.  I could hard see anything at all.  Overall, it was a weird episode, but we were in the Underworld, after all.  I definitely don’t remember much of what is going on at this point, but I’m trying to figure out how they are going to fit in everything that is left into one episode.

Night Court – Either they are finally finding their groove, or I’m finally getting what the show is trying to put out.  I enjoyed that episode.  It was still childishly silly, but for some reason it worked for me.  Could I be coming around to this show?

Extended Family – This series, on the other hand….  I was cringing more than laughing at this episode.  And the poor kids have almost nothing to do.  I think we’re about half way through the series, so I’ll probably keep watching through season 1, but it needs to turn around quickly if I’m going to continue past that.

Only Murder in the Building – Even though we knew who the killer was at this point, that was still quite the climax.  Lots of suspense and some great physical comedy.  Okay, so I wasn’t laughing at it because I was so caught up in the suspense, but I do appreciate it even so.  My only complaint was that they teased the cliffhanger at the very beginning of the season.  I hate teasers we have to wait episodes to get back to as a general rule, but I hate that it was just teasing the cliffhanger even more.

Wild Cards (Episode 2) – That was fun.  I’ll definitely keep hanging out watching this show.  Lots to keep track of, but I definitely didn’t see that ending coming.

The Challenge – Not surprised we are saying goodbye to two people an episode now that we are apparently building up to the end.  But wow, there is a powerful alliance in the house, and they really are running everything.  Excellent point was made that anyone could have changed their votes, it shouldn’t be blamed on the two women everyone wants to say.  I already figure a man is going to win since there is only one winner, but I’m wondering if any men will be eliminated in this stage.  It will be interesting to see.

Press Your Luck – I thought Whammy wasn’t going to be that active after the first couple of spinners.  But then he hit and hit hard.  And he didn’t let up in the bonus round.  She couldn’t really get any traction.  I get why she kept going, of course.  Nothing to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.