Friday, January 26, 2024

January 26th's Friday Post

 I should have made doing a Friday Post every week in January my New Year's Resolution.  I would have kept it.  Yes, I am back for the fourth week in a row.  As usual, I am linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

This week's book is Of Hoaxes and Homicide by Anastasia Hastings.


This is the second in the Dear Miss Hermione Mysteries, which are set in England in 1885.  Here's how this one begins:

It is a sad day, indeed, when even an orgy does not interest me.

That catches your attention, doesn't it?

Meanwhile, at 56% into the eARC I read, we get this quote:

“A man who is capable of such depravity might surely be willing to kill again if it meant the stain of murder might drive the Children from the abbey.”

The book comes out Tuesday, but I'll be back Monday with my review.  I hope you'll come back to see what I thought.

Let's close things out with this week's Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

How long have you gone without reading?

As I like to say, I only read on days that end in "Y."  And I really do mean that.  It might only be one chapter, but I read at least a chapter every day.

And that's pretty much been the case since I graduated from college.  However, in college, I only read textbooks or any assignments for English during the semester.  So the answer is a few months of reading purely for pleasure, but that's been too many years ago to admit to.

12 comments:

  1. Dedication! I've been a bit stop start throughout my life.

    That book does sound interesting. I want to read more historical fiction.

    Have a good weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/01/26/book-blogger-hop-how-long-have-you-gone-without-reading/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series, but I like those excerpts. They do grab your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great excerpts! Now I want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like the cover and title do not match up, LOL! I hope you enjoyed this one. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that opening did get my attention! I do want to read this and look forward to reading your thoughts on it next week.

    I was the same way in college. All my reading during the school sessions was texts and articles--so much research! I didn't have time for leisure reading. I sure made up for it in the summer though.

    Have a great weekend, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a fun book. Sometimes I get frustrated when I don't have a big block of time or energy to read...so I don't read at all on those days. I like the idea of reading at least one chapter a day. I should start doing that. I'm sure I'd get more reading done if I did that. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious opening line. Very inviting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite an opening sentence! Thanks for sharing it on BB. I'm like you, I read every day and can't remember a day when I didn't. Oh, I had hip replacement surgery a year ago and didn't read on the day of my surgery. That's they only time I remember not reading for more than 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading The Holiday Stand-In by Kortney Keisel. It's really cute so far!
    "I've never been in this position where doing the right thing feels wrong."
    I hope you have a great weekend full of fun reading. 🙂📚

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't expecting that opening, but the book does seem interesting. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That beginning definitely grabbed my attention, lol. Like you, I read everyday. Some days it might not be much, but at least it's something. Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.