Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Ornament Review: Stocking Stuffers #3 - The Nutcrackers - 2023 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great Nutcracker themed stocking ornament
Cons: None for me
The Bottom Line:
Nutcracker stocking
Makes Christmassy ornament
That is lots of fun




I’ll Let You Take a (Nut) Crack at the Theme for the Third Stocking Stuffers Ornament

So far, I’ve bought all three ornaments in the Stocking Stuffers series from Hallmark.  That’s despite the fact that I said I would only buy ones that interest me.  They suckered me in again with the 2023 release in the series, which is themed around The Nutcracker.

This year’s stocking is blue with a silver pattern on the front.  It’s not quite a snowflake, but it very much looks like one.  And the stocking is fat!  It has to be to fit everything in.

We’ve got a lot stuffed in the stocking this year.  In the front, we’ve got some characters from The Nutcracker.  On the far left, we’ve got a ballerina.  The middle is a nutcracker soldier.  He’s even holding a sword.  On the right in the Mouse King.

Behind them is the main reason the stocking is so fat this year – we’ve got a Christmas tree!  There are a few red ball ornaments on the tree.  Next to it is a candy cane.

I have to be honest, I have not yet watched The Nutcracker.  I know a little about it, but I’ve probably proved how little I know about it by butchering who these characters are supposed to be.  Even though I’m not remotely familiar with the ballet, I still recognized exactly the theme for the ornament this year.  And I liked it.  This is a very Christmassy stocking.  Probably the one that fits holiday the most so far.  (You could argue about last year’s baking theme since so many people bake during December.)

Height wise, this ornament is about the same size as the previous two ornaments in the series.  And it is light.  This ornament is plastic, and, despite the size, it must be hollow inside since it looks like it should be heavier than it is.

You’ll be glad to hear that the ornament hangs straight.  Since it is a stocking, you can’t set it out to be displayed.  It’s supposed to hang, after all.

And you’ll find the series marker on the back of the ornament.

Fans of The Nutcracker will be especially interested in tracking down the third Stocking Stuffers ornament.  But any fan of Christmas will enjoy having this in their collection.

Make room for the rest of the Stocking Stuffers ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.