Sunday, April 14, 2024

April 14th's Sunday/Monday Post

Welcome to this week's Sunday/Monday Post.  As usual, I will be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It was another quiet week.  I'm dealing with some frustrating accounts that won't reconcile without a lot of work, and I don't have the time to do that work.  I've got other things I have to do this month.  So that's stressing me out at work.  But I did make some progress, which makes me feel a little better.

Other than that, Saturday is game day.  I'm typing this before hand, but I'm really looking forward to lots of fun.

Looking ahead, I got to sign up for the Camp Pendleton Mud Run this week.  This is the first time since Covid that they are opening it up to the general public (they had it the last two years but only for base personnel).  I'm really looking forward to doing it again, although I didn't run in March, so I'm not quite as in shape as I'd like to be with only six weeks to go.

This Last Week on the Blog:



This Coming Week on the Blog:


Sunday - Sunday/Monday Post
Monday - Book Review: Under the Paper Moon by Shaina Steinberg
Tuesday - Ornament Review: A World Within #9
Wednesday - Book Review: A Murder Most French by Colleen Cambridge
Thursday - TV Show Review: Home Improvement - Season 7
Friday - Novella Review: The Ducal Detective by Sarah E. Burr
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

It's another four book week.  Let's start with the Kindle sales of the week.

I snagged A Binding Chance by Jessica Brimer.  It's been on my radar for a while, and at 99 cents, I couldn't pass it up.  As of Saturday, it's still that price, so if you are interested, be sure to snag it.

I also grabbed The Body on the Barstool by Lolli Powell.  Looks like the sale is over for this one.  I hadn't heard of it before, but it sounds like it could be fun.

Saturday is double and triple stamp day at Barnes and Noble for members, and while I was out and about this morning running errands, I stopped by my local store to browse.  I spotted Something's Guava Give by Carrie Doyle on the shelves.  While I had some issues with book one, I always intended to give book two a chance, so I snagged it.

Finally, I decided to get an audiobook to listen to next weekend while driving to and from the LA Times Festival of Books.  Michael Connelly is next in my rotation, and the next book up is The Crossing.  So I got that from my local library.

What I'm Currently Reading:

Of course, I will need more time to listen to it than just next weekend, so I went ahead and started The Crossing.  I'm already half way through it!  I'm completely hooked and have to know how things are going to resolve.  I suspect I know at least a bit about what is going on, but I need to see how Bosch figures it out.  And I'm sure there will be another twist or two.  We'll see if I have any left to listen to next weekend.  I will have podcasts to listen to this week, so that will slow me down some.

On the physical book front, I've just started Under the Radar by Annette Dashofy.  As in I'm just two chapters in.  But I'm already hooked.  Annette is a fantastic author like that; she already draws me in.

Have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. I've heard really good things about Michael Connelly books (though I watched the show Bosch), but haven't read one yet so I am glad to see you're liking this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to take a look at the LA Festival of Books lineup. I started a new audiobook this week for an author that will be appearing at the Melbourne Writers Festival.

    And I hear you on the work thing! Mine is very stressful at the moment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being an accountant must have many frustrations. When I had a business for a couple of years I procrastinated the accounting part constantly and kind of made a mess of it. Luckily we have always had good professional accountants to do our taxes! I really appreciate them.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the frustrating accounts. I hope they get resolved soon with minimal drama. The Mud Run sounds challenging but fun! Wishing you all the best getting ready for it. At the very least, it sounds like you'll have fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope things improve soon work wise. Looks like some great reads this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great book finds. I hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry for your work frustrations, Mark. I hope you were able to relax some this weekend and get your mind off it. Camp Pendleton Mud Run sounds like fun. I am glad they are starting up those types of activities again for the public. I am sad I missed Barnes and Noble's double and triple stamp day. Thank you for pointing me toward A Binding Chance! I was able to get it for the same price.

    I was really hoping to go to the L.A. Times Book Festival Saturday as there are authors appearing there I'd like to see, but my mom's Masquer's Club has a performance that same day. We might go Sunday, if we are able.

    I hope you have a great week, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you were able to have some game day fun Saturday night. Sounds like you will have a blast with the Mud Run. A Mud Run doesn't sound like it's my style...lol...but YAY for you!! Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will always have job security because most people don't have the patience to figure out the hard things.

    I've always wanted to attend the L.A. Times Book Festival. One of these days I will!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reconciling accounts can be so challenging. Hope you make headway soon. Great books this week. The Body on the Barstool sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy your week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_01668899258.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh! Work!
    Six weeks sounds like a tight timeframe to get ready, good luck!

    Wishing you a happy reading week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I'm going to stop complaining about my busy schedule. Sheesh, Mark! I don't know how you juggle it all.

    I'm so glad you're hooked on Under the Radar. I'm eager (and more than a little anxious) to hear your thoughts on it once you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the mud run! A bunch of people from my gym sign up for those, but I can never go because I work on weekends. It always looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting variety of books. I've never read any of the Bosch books. Sorry to hear about the frustrations at work. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mud run, huh? I've seen photos of those events and I think secretly they look like a lot of fun. Do you run with a group or alone?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for the run! I hope you have a fantastic time. I need to read more by Dashofy. I've read the first in the Zoe Chambers series but haven't read any more despite really wanting to. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.