Sunday, October 5, 2014

Ornament Review: Olaf - 2014 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Captures looks and personality of Olaf
Cons: Glitter can stick to your hands
The Bottom Line:
Delightful snowman
Filling Christmas tree with hugs
Proving popular




A Warm Hug for Your Tree

While I love all the characters from Frozen, I must admit to being partial to Olaf.  The living snowman was so absolutely funny, and I just loved his scenes.  And his song.  A snowman singing about the joys of summer was just so funny (plus I love summer myself).  Naturally, when I saw in the 2014 Dreambook that Hallmark was doing an ornament of Olaf, I knew I had to buy it.

The pose really does capture Olaf well.  He’s standing on one foot with his stick arms outstretched and a big grin on his face.  You can just imagine him saying, “I love warm hugs” as he runs toward you to give you one.  Yes, the long carrot for his nose is present as well.

That right there alone is enough to make me smile.  I mean, seriously, he looks like the movie and his personality is coming through as well.  What more could you want?

As Hallmark often does with this snowman ornaments, his body is covered with glitter.  It’s one of those things I love and hate.  It looks fun and catches the light, but there’s no way to hold it without getting glitter on your hands.  But really, that’s the only drawback I’ve found.

With Olaf only standing on one foot, the ornament doesn’t have enough flat surface to stand up with any stability.  However, the hook at the top back of his head allows him to hang straight.  Or straight enough.  He looks like he is on his tip toes, but it’s even more fun that way.  It really does look like he’s running faster to give you that warm hug.

I predicted that Olaf would prove to be a popular ornament, and I’ve been correct.  Even though he was released this weekend, he’s already selling out in stores with some stores creating waiting lists in case they are able to get more.  My suggestion is if you want this ornament, buy it now.

Original Price: $14.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.