Monday, June 25, 2018

Ornament Review: Core Crunchin' Kringle - 2017 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Creative Christmas exercise idea
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
Santa does sit ups
A Christmas themed exercise
Creative and fun




Santa’s Working on His Abs

Over the years, Santa’s gained an image as a jolly, over-weight man.  However, he’s trying to change that image.  Yes, he still intends to be jolly, but he’s going to lose some weight.  And that change is documented in Hallmark’s Core Crunchin’ Kringle ornament.

This ornament catches Santa as he is working on his abs.  No, he’s not content to just do sit ups.  He’s doing them on his equivalent of an exercise ball.  What do I mean by that?  He’s using a green ball Christmas tree ornament.  We’ve caught him as he is fully reclined with his feet touching the floor, and his hands are behind his head.  He’s got on gray sweatpants, and his red shirt isn’t quite large enough to cover his belly.  Obviously, he’s still got quite a bit of work to do.

This was the ornament that almost got away.  I really liked it in the stores, but I kept telling myself I didn’t need it.  When I changed my mind a couple of months ago, fortunately, I found it in a store that was still trying to get rid of their old ornaments.

I love it because I love the creativity it shows.  Obviously, people using exercise balls is nothing new, but the fact that they worked a Christmas decoration into this ornament is wonderful.  And who knows, maybe I will get some inspiration from Santa.  If he can start working out, maybe I can do a better job, too.  Although for me it’s more that I need to watch what I eat.

You might think that this ornament wouldn’t stand up on its own because Santa is on a ball, but thanks to the magic of Hallmark, the base of the ball is flat.  Between that and Santa’s feet, the ornament is plenty stable to set out.  The loop to hang the ornament on your tree is actually attached to Santa’s belly.  Yes, it hurts a little, but it is a good location since the ornament hangs straight.

It’s that kind of creativity and fun that makes me love Hallmark ornaments so much.  I’m glad I tracked down Core Crunchin’ Kringle.

Original Price: $15.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.