Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Ornament Review: Candied Christmas Rose - Christmas Cupcakes #8 - 2017 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Delicate rose topped cupcake
Cons: None worth dwelling on
The Bottom Line:
Cupcake Christmas rose
Decorated ornament
To adorn your tree




White Rose of Christmas

I know there is such a thing as a Christmas rose.  Even though I’m a huge Christmas guy, I haven’t done much research on them.  However, I’ve now got a reference to one in my ornament collection thanks to the Candied Christmas Rose, the eighth in Hallmark’s Christmas Cupcake series.

The base of this ornament is a silver cupcake wrapper (made out of plastic) with a hint of a chocolate cupcake peeking out the top.  The focus of the ornament is the frosting, designed out of felt.  There is a mound of red frosting, and sitting on top of that is a white Christmas rose with a yellow center.  There’s also a green leaf, and the entire thing is sprinkled with glitter, I mean powdered sugar.

This is a pretty ornament.  The rose is delicate looking, and the glitter is great at catching the light.  While it doesn’t quite make my mouth drool like some of the others in the series, it is still a great addition.

Being a cupcake, this ornament has a nice, flat base, so you can add it to any display you may wish.  You’ll also find the 8 in a Christmas tree series marker on the bottom of the piece.

Or you can hang it on your tree.  In keeping with the felt theme, the ornament features a loop that is a strong piece of string.  Slip a hook through it, and you’ll find that it hangs straight.

As big a sweets fan as I am, it is hard to pass up on this series.  Candied Christmas Rose might not make my mouth drool as much as others, but it is still a delicious addition to this series.

Collect the rest of the delicious Christmas Cupcakes series.

Original Price: $12.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.