Monday, June 18, 2018

Ornament Review: Welcoming Wreath - Marjolein's Garden #4 - 2017 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Good wreath, nice birds
Cons: Not quite as charming; green will get lost in tree.
The Bottom Line:
Wreath hanging outside
Makes welcome home for these birds
Good but lacks some charm




Nature’s Wreath

Since the earlier ornaments in the Marjoleain’s Garden series have all been nature scenes, I was a bit surprised to see the fourth entry was a Welcoming Wreath.  After all, a wreath is a traditional Christmas decoration.  However, I do like the ornament.

As you’d expect, the ornament is a mostly green wreath.  However, in keeping with Marjoleain Bastin’s work, the wreath is made up of many different kinds of greenery, not just holly.  It has red apples substituting for the berries, and there is some snow draped over the top.  But what really makes it stand out are the two birds.  One is just taking off from the top with its wings spread while the other is sitting in the lower part of the wreath sampling the apples.

So no, this isn’t a wreath on your door that welcomes others to your home, but this is a wreath that has welcomed birds.  I do like that idea and how it is played out here.

However, I do still miss the other scenes we’ve gotten for this series.  This is missing that touch of charm and whimsy that the captured my interest with the earlier pieces.  The details are great, and I do like the bird sampling the apple, but it’s not quite the same.

Since this is a wreath, you have to hang it somewhere.  Being so green, it could get lost in a Christmas tree easily, another strike against it.  However, when you do go to hang the ornament, you’ll find that it hangs straight.

And yes, the 4 in a Christmas tree series marker is on the ornament, but I’m going to let you discover where.  It’s a bit hidden, but not that hard to find.

I’ll confess that I bought Welcoming Wreath after Christmas because it was part of a series.  I will still display it some, but it won’t get as much rotation as some of my other ornaments.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Marjolein’s Garden series.

Original Price: $17.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.