Friday, January 4, 2019

Ornament Review: Holiday House - 2018 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Well decorated mini house ornament
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
Mini ornament
Lights up and puts on a show
Makes it lots of fun




This Little House is Ready to Wow this Christmas

It's no secret that I haven't been able to resist the magic ornaments Hallmark has released that feature a house all decked out for Christmas.  So when I saw Holiday House, I had to add it to my collection.

This is a miniature ornament.  Let me say that again, this is a miniature ornament.  Seriously, it's about an inch and a half long and that's the longest dimension, so don't go looking for something bigger than that or you will be disappointed.  The house is a blueish green with a red roof and door.  There's a wreath on the door and a snowman in the yard.  And lights on the roof.  Lots and lots of lights.

On its own, I might have passed up this ornament, but it is the magic element that makes it appeal to me.  No, it doesn't have sound; this is a miniature ornament.  However, the lights on the roof light up when you press down on the chimney.  And it's the start of the show.  They flash and change color for about 15 seconds all told.

Personally, I'm blown away by the technology they have come up with to put that kind of a show into such a small ornament.  Given the size, it's very, very cool.  To help pull this off, the ornament requires three mini button batteries, and the first set is included in the ornament for you.

The bottom of the ornament is flat, so you can put it out somewhere.  Just remember the size and make sure it won't get lost in the display.  Personally, I recommend hanging it on your tree.  When you do that, you'll find it hangs straight.

This house is so much fun I just couldn't resist.  If you are looking for a fun miniature ornament, I definitely recommend getting Holiday House.

Original Price: $9.99

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.