Monday, June 21, 2021

Disney Pin Review: National Selfie Day - Celebrate Today #6 - 2020 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Cute pin with Mickey and Minnie
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
Taking a picture
To celebrate a selfie
Mickey, Minnie, cute




Say Cheese!

I’m not sure how long we’ve had these different national celebrations for every day, but I’m sure some are older than others.  One I’d bet is a more recent invention is National Selfie Day.  After all, selfie’s haven’t been around that long.  It is also the day Disney chose to highlight for June’s entry in the Celebrate Today pin series.

National Selfie Day comes around every June 21st, and it is celebrated by taking a selfie and posting it on social media.  Mickey and Minnie are showing us how it is done.  They are standing close together.  Minnie has her arms around Mickey, and Mickey has his arm out with his phone in it.  They are both smiling as they look at the camera.  Mickey’s camera has a black case with a Mickey head on it, naturally.  The pin itself is square with black in the corners like how an old-fashioned photo would be held in a picture album.  I know, we’re really talking old school here.  In the bottom right corner is the silver square with June 21 written on it.  National Selfie Day is written in red in the upper left corner.

I must admit, I’m not that big on selfies.  I’m okay when others take them, but I don’t do it much myself.  Maybe it’s because my arm doesn’t seem quite long enough to take them well.  Or maybe I’m just too critical of my own.

However, I get why Disney would choose to highlight this day.  How many people take tons of selfies at Disney parks?  This is another very natural fit.

And the pin itself is great.  Mickey and Minnie look so cute together.  I do find the references to older pictures funny, but it’s a charming addition to the pin.

If I hadn’t decided to collect this series, I don’t know that I would have bought it, but it is charming.  I’m glad I’ve added the National Selfie Day pin to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.