Thursday, June 10, 2021

June 11th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

 It's Friday, and I'm back with another entry for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring A Treasure to Die For by Terry Ambrose.



This is the first book in the Seaside Cove Bed and Breakfast Mysteries.  It's been out for a few years, but I just discovered it.  It took me a bit to get into, but I enjoyed it overall.

Let's take a look at how it begins, shall we?

Hey Journal-
We have a real Indiana Jones staying at the B&B!

Makes sense with a treasure in the title, right?  Jumping head to page 56, we find this:

"I know how this looks, but it's all perfectly innocent."

I have a hard time believing any character who would say that, but especially a character in a mystery novel.  But who knows, maybe it is perfectly innocent this time?

I'll be reviewing this book on Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back to read it.  In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha anyone who says something along the lines of the F56 has something to hide! This sounds lovely and I'll pop back for your review on Tuesday :) I hope you have a lovely start to the weekend and do drop by my Friday postif you have the time! - Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indy!

    Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that 56 snippet is fantastic. xD It definitely makes me wonder what's going on at that point! I agree with you, though: it's probably not nearly as innocent as they make it out to be lol.

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to tell from the teasers, but BnB mysteries can be a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing it on Book Beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get in the mood for cozy mysteries in the summer. That cover really makes me want to go to a beach side B&B with a basket of books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it might be a good one! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.