Sunday, June 27, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Stitch Crashes The Little Mermaid - Stitch Crashes Disney #4 - 2021 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Stitch plays Ariel well
Cons: None for me
The Bottom Line:
An alien swims
As Stitch becomes Ariel
Good transformation




From Space to Under the Sea

I had hoped that Disney had things figured out for the distribution of their Stitch Crashes Disney series.  While it hasn’t proved to be as popular as last year’s Minnie Mouse series was, it has had a very erratic release schedule, just like that series did last year.  So I might be skipping around as I review these pins.  For example, I’m reviewing the fourth one out of order.  That means, it is time to go under the sea as Stitch takes on Ariel.

Stitch is definitely in the ocean for this pin.  He’s blue, pretty close to his original color.  Part of him is a light blue, and part has a pattern of stars and shapes on him.  He’s just a star flower in his hair like Ariel does at one point, although it is backwards from where Ariel wears it in the movie.  That’s because of how Stitch is seated and looking out at us.  If the flower were where it should be, it would cover his eye.

Once again, the card the pin comes on helps set the scene.  We can see some of the rocks that Ariel sat on at one point in the movie.  Even though you’d recognize Stitch without it, the background really does help complete the picture.

I definitely like this pin better than the Lady and the Tramp pin, the last one I reviewed.  It helps that Stitch looks a bit more like himself color wise, and the pattern isn’t overwhelming.

As a reminder, these are large pins, which helps explain the $24.95 original selling price.  I like them for the creativity they are showing, but they aren’t quite as popular as Disney expected them to be.

But I’m glad I’ve added Stitch as The Little Mermaid to my collection.  This is a cool pin to enjoy on dry land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.