Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cookie Review: Chips Ahoy! Chewy Gooey Chocofudge

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Delicious chocolate chip cookies
Cons: Missing the gooey fudge from the name
The Bottom Line
Can't fault taste, texture
But I expected more than
Original's taste




Not Gooey, but Still Plenty of Chocolaty Goodness

Desserts are a huge weakness of mine, and so I was going to try to avoid them as much as possible for a few months this year.  That's why I purposely walked down the cookie aisle in my local grocery store.  Yep, I found several new cookies I just had to try, one of them being Chips Ahoy! Chewy Gooey Chocofudge cookies.  After all, they were new and based on one of my favorite cookies.

Based on the picture on the front, I was expecting a cookie with a layer of very soft chocolate in the middle of the cookie.  Since these are based on the Chewy Chips Ahoy! Cookies, I was also expecting the cookies to be soft and filled with plenty of chocolate chips.

I got out to the car, immediately opened the package, and bit into one.  Based on taste, I noticed no difference between the regular chewy cookies and these cookies.  Now, that's not necessarily a bad thing, because I love the Chewy Chips Ahoy!  But I was expecting more.

On my next cookie, I bit off half the cookie and looked at the result.  Basically, you've got two thin layers of regular chocolate chip cookies with a layer of chocolate in between them.  The overall cookie is the same size as a regular Chips Ahoy! Cookie.  The results are still nice and soft and taste great, but I really was looking for extra gooey chocolate, and that's no where to be found.

Naturally, these are just as bad for you as any other cookie from Chips Ahoy!  For a serving size of 2 cookies, you get 150 calories, 60 of them from fat.  Nutrition?  Don't make me laugh.  Of course, what do you expect from flour, sugar, chocolate, and butter?

I don't think there's enough of a difference to make these stand out or be anything special.  They are good, but the originals are just as good, so I'll be sticking with them.

So I wouldn't recommend rushing out to try Chips Ahoy! Chewy Gooey Chocofudge.  They aren't bad, but they aren't anything special either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.