Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ornament Review: The Enchanted Rose - 2011 Hallmark Ornament

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great sculpt, glitters catches the light
Cons: Different from scene in the movie
The Bottom Line
Belle looks so pretty
Really butchers movie scene
But I just don't care




Another Enchanting Ornament of Belle

When it comes to Disney's princess, I have a clear favorite - Belle.  So even though I bought and loved last year's Hallmark ornament, I've spent the last few months being tempted to get this year's.  I finally broke down and bought The Enchanted Rose.  And yes, I love it.

Like many of the princess ornaments, this one doesn't reflect anything from the movies, but it sure looks like it should.  Belle is wearing her fancy yellow dress as she stands in front of the table holding the enchanted rose that turned Beast into a beast.  Her right hand is resting just below her neck, and her left hand is reaching toward the glass covering of the rose.  She was wearing something different in the movie when she was looking at the rose, but I don't really care.  She just looks so beautiful.

The glitter on her dress certainly helps.  It's not overwhelming, but there is just enough to catch the lights from the tree and add some sparkle to the ornament.  There is also just a bit on the table around the rose.

The ornament has a flat base, so you could display it year round and enjoy it.  After all, there isn't anything that screams Christmas about this one.

If you chose to hang her on your tree, you'll find that she tips slightly to one side and forward, but it's not really noticeable, especially when you have her nestled in the branches of your tree.  I have had her up for a couple weeks now, and I didn't notice until I sat down to write this review.

I'm glad I finally gave in and got The Enchanted Rose.  It may take great liberties with the movie, but it looks great.

Original Price: $14.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.