Friday, June 28, 2013

Candy Review: M&M's - Mint


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Delicious mix of chocolate and mint flavors
Cons: Absolutely none
The Bottom Line:
Mint and chocolate
With a candy coated shell
How could you go wrong?




Delicious Christmas Candy I Wish They Made Year Round

I have a weakness for M&M candy.  I'm not quite sure why, but when I am craving chocolate, that is one candy I indulge in.  And I'll just keep eating it.  I love it so much that I try just about all their varieties, so one year I picked up the Mint Chocolate M&M's.  Every year, I make a point of getting more.

These particular M&M's are only available during Christmas.  This year, they were in a dark green bag, and I think that's what they normally come in.  The candies themselves are red, green, and white and slightly larger than a normal M&M.

When you first bite into these candies, you notice the candy shell and the delicious chocolate flavor.  And after about a second, the strong peppermint hits you and doesn't let go.  In fact, I can taste the peppermint in my mouth long after I've swallowed the candy.  Think of it as a chocolate candy cane.  Yes, it's that flavor peppermint and that strong and that delicious.

Obviously, if you don't like peppermint, these wouldn't be for you, but you probably already knew that one.

If these were available year round, I might eat them year round.  And that would probably be a bad thing since they aren't good for you.  What were you expecting, they're candy.  They're made from the usual mix of sugar, milk chocolate, food coloring, and natural flavors.  You know, all those things that add pounds to your waist every holiday season.  There are 210 calories in 1.5 oz.  Considering I eat two or three times that in a sitting, you can see how quickly the calories add up.  But I can't help myself.  They are so delicious.

I make a point of getting these candies every year to enjoy.  I just can't pass up Mint Chocolate M&M's.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go run off the calories I ate writing this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.