Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Ornament Review: True Love's Kiss - 2014 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: A Prince!  Plus a scene directly from the movie!
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
A climax captured
Romance, magic for your tree
Disney fans will love




It Doesn’t Take True Love’s Kiss to Appreciate This Ornament

Just a couple of months ago, I bemoaned on another ornament review how seldom the princes appear in Disney merchandise.  But here’s another chance to get a different prince with Hallmark’s 2014 ornament True Love's Kiss.

This was the Sleeping Beauty ornament for the year, and it features both Aurora and Prince Phillip.  Aurora is on her bed asleep thanks to the curse that Maleficent put her under.  However, Phillip has just found her and is kneeling next to the bed about to kiss her to wake her up.  Between the blue of her dress and the red of his coat, this is a colorful ornament.

There are several reasons I had to buy this ornament.  As I already mentioned, it has Phillip.  Additionally, many of the Disney Princess ornaments that Hallmark releases feature the Princess in a pose of some kind, but not actually any scene from the movie.  I like the fact that this is something taken directly from the film.  The sculpt is nicely detailed as well, which definitely added to the appeal for me.

Because the ornament is Phillip kneeling by the bed, it’s no surprise that there is a nice flat base to this one.  As a result, you can set it out year round to enjoy with any other Disney displays you might have.

However, I chose to hang mine on my tree this last year.  The loop is actually on Phillip’s back.  The ornament tips slightly toward Aurora’s head, but very slightly.  However, it is a little on the large size, so odds are that you can use some branch on your tree to straighten it up or hide the tip.

Do note I’m not complaining about the size.  It really does need to big this big to fully capture the scene.  And really it’s more that it is long, which makes since because Aurora is lying on her bed.  While it is a little larger than your average Christmas ornament, it’s still smaller than ornaments that you would buy from The Disney Store, so it’s just a matter of perspective.

And from my perspective, True Love's Kiss is a great ornament.  I wish Hallmark would offer more princess ornaments with the princes and closely tied to the movies.  I’d sure buy more if they did.

Original Price: $19.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.