Friday, June 3, 2016

June 3rd's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Yes, it is Friday.  I'm still trying to remember what day it is thanks to our long weekend last weekend.  I think the solution is to make every weekend a three day weekend, don't you?

Anyway, it is time for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.  and the book this week is Grilled for Murder by Maddie Day.




I actually finished this book at lunch time today and really enjoyed it.  Watch for my review on Thursday next week.

Here's how the book begins:

Was I nuts?  I don't know what I was thinking, agreeing to cater and host a welcome-home party in my country store and restaurant tonight.

Since I read an electronic ARC of this book, here's a quote from the 56% mark in the book:

"I had one more thought while I was cooking," I said.  "It's probably a long shot, but what if the officer came down here and killed Erica?"

And there you have it for this week.  Have a great weekend.  Me?  I'm off to the Camp Pendleton Mud Run on Saturday, and I can't wait!

7 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one, thanks for sharing. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect time of year for this one. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good. I'm glad you liked it. I know what you mean about getting the days mixed up on weeks with long weekend. I almost forgot that today was Friday. My book this week is To Love a Wolf by Paige Dixon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your mud run! The Book sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a chilling 56! Love it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Friday 56 sentence. It's so dark and fun at the same time! I hope it turns out to be a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twice this week the book has been recommended to me. Going on my list now!

    My Friday 56 from Lady Renegades

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.