Saturday, July 9, 2016

July 9th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Thanks to the Monday holiday, this was a light week for summer TV.  But here's what we do have.

Dead of Summer – I’m definitely getting more on board with this show.  The creep factor was there, mainly at the commercial breaks, but still, I felt it.  I’m not a fan of the flashbacks, however.  They should be cut in favor of developing the entire cast in the present.

Scream – Audrey was the person in the car?  And how did she know that Emma being there meant they were in danger?  That part didn’t make sense to me, maybe I missed something.  However, the creep factor was definitely there.  There is just so much going on each week.  And the killer is definitely twisted this time.  Hard to watch what he did to Branson there at the end.

Royal Pains – So there weren’t that many surprises to the episode.  However, that doesn’t mean I didn’t love every second of it.  I’m actually surprised I didn’t start crying.  I have been suspecting that they were going to bring Jill back ever since she showed up for the 100th episode.  And all the talk about family and what the characters have meant to each other.  If you have paid any attention to my comments at all over the years, you know that’s one reason I loved this show and kept tuning in.  I can’t think of a more perfect send off for this show.

Spartan – I was rooting for Team Jules, and was so happy about their comeback in the first heat.  I was okay with the Comeback Kids winning the second heat since I really liked them, too.  And it’s nice to see a team take a lead and keep it.  Less drama, but still nice to see upon occasion.

Girl Meets World – You call that an end of the triangle?  They’re going to take more time to figure it out?  Oh well, at least Shawn proposed.  I hope this means he’ll be around more because he’d add a nice element to the show, and I’m not just saying that because I am a Boy Meets World fan (which I am).  And yes, I might have had some tears in my eyes along with the laughs for this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.