Friday, July 1, 2016

July 1st's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's Friday, and the Friday of a holiday weekend!  Let's kick it off with this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring The Pursuit by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg.


                                                                 

I'm actually out of town for work right now, and I read most of it on the plain ride out of town.  Now, I need to write the review.  It probably won't show up for a couple of weeks, but I enjoyed the book very much.  If you are a fan of the series, you will to.
I mean, how can you not enjoy a book that starts off like this:

Nicolas Fox, infamous con artist and thief, woke up in a coffin.

And, jumping ahead to page 56, we find this exchange between Kate, an FBI agent, and Nick, the con man:

"You're looking good," Kate said.
"Orange is my color."
"I'm referring to the handcuffs," Kate said.  "You were born to wear them."
"They're a bit snug."

There you have it for the week.  Enjoy your holiday weekend no matter which side of the border you are on.

9 comments:

  1. That is one hell of an opening!I It definitely grabs your attention straightaway. And the sass in the F56 is also a lot of fun! I enjoy good and funny dialogue but it can be quite rare! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first book in this series and need to catch up. They are a lot of fun. My book this week is Alliance of Equals by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wha wha wha! Yup, does sound like a fun read. Happy travels and reading! You are welcome to hop over to my blog and have a look at at my Friday Meets. http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/07/friday-meets-01-july-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to give this a try. I used to read Evanovich all the time and this series looks really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so behind on this series!

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely be looking into this book. Great Friday56 pick too! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of the books in this series yet - I do have the first one on my kindle though. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  8. That beginning pulled me right in!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only read One for the Money so far, but I would definitely like to try her other series.

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.