Saturday, October 12, 2013

Weekly TV Recap for October 12th

Here's my thoughts on the other shows I watched during the week.

Amazing Race – I didn’t think that team Bingo would be around very long, so it’s not that big a loss to see them go already.  Still, it was painful to see them make some key mistakes as they did it.  Glad to see Fighting Couple fall behind, too.  Can’t wait to see them go.

Dancing with the Stars – I was sorry to see Valerie go so soon, but she probably would have only lasted another week or two at most anyway.  Still, I think she was a better dancer than Chloris Leachman ever was, so that’s something to be proud of.  I found it interesting that Julianne and the two regular judges were also in agreement when it came down to the final score, or at least I remember them always being in agreement.  Obviously, she wasn’t too hard or soft on anyway.  From her comments, she certainly sounded fair.

Survivor – I don’t normally listen to the radio, but I have been this week since I’m borrowing a car without a CD player.  As a result, I heard the teasers, and that told me exactly who got voted out without actually saying anything..  I figured it out about half way through the episode.  Seriously, stop with the spoiler teasers already!  And Brad and his wife are acting like they’ve never seen the show before.  Whoever is making the shots is the villain.  Rightly or wrongly, that’s the way it goes.  And if you lie, backstab, and blindside, you certainly aren’t the hero.

Arrow – So great to have this show back.  I’m going to like the new, restrained hero Oliver is trying to be, and I think they are setting up some interesting storylines for the new season.  I like how they’ve already hinted at the Flash with the news story we heard at one point.  Looks to me like this will be a strong second season.

The Big Bang Theory – Funny as always.  I really feel like the writers of the show must have had the conversation about Raiders of the Lost Ark before.  It's actually true, but I don't care.  The movie is still great.  And even Leonard's mother was funny both on and off the computer.  I saw the ending of that one coming, but it didn't make it any less funny.

The Crazy Ones – This show is really starting to grow on me.  Robin Williams is still a bit too frenzied, but I do find him funny.  Several moments made me really laugh out loud this week.  I think it’s a keeper.

Michael J. Fox Show – This has risen to mildly amusing.  I saw the ending of the main plot coming, and Mike leaving the vase for his new co-worker was a nice touch.  Frankly, it’s nice to see him at work a little more.  I wonder if they’ll explore that much or not.  It still feels a bit like it is trying too hard, but it is settling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.