Thursday, October 10, 2013

Ornament Review: Happiness is Peanuts All Year Long Stand - 2013 Hallmark Release



Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Nice base so very steady; the twelve backdrops
Cons: Can’t actually hang the ornaments and have them face forward
The Bottom Line:
Great way to display
Peanuts monthly ornaments
You just can’t hang them




Fun Series Display Piece with an Almost Fatal Flaw

When I first heard about the Happiness is Peanuts All Year Long series, I was hesitant.  Where would I find to display these ornaments throughout the year?  But then I heard about the stand that was coming with it, and I was sold.  It was a brilliant idea and I could hardly wait to get it…until I got it home and discovered a serious flaw with the stand.

The red stand is shaped sort of life Snoopy’s doghouse.  It definitely has the roof and siding made famous in the comic strip although it’s not quite the right shape.  It’s a large rectangle with an oval base at the bottom.  Across the top it says “Happiness Is….”  There is a square in the middle you can use to show the monthly backdrop that coordinates with the ornament.  This part goes from the base to the roof of the doghouse.  And coming out from the top is a metal arm you can use to hang the ornaments.

And that’s where the flaw comes in.  The arm does not match with the loop in the ornaments, so if you do hang an ornament, it has no choice but to turn to the side instead of face the room.  This would be absolutely perfect if you could hang the ornaments in front of their backdrop, but unfortunately, that’s not the case.  So far, Lucy, the second in the series, will hang correctly on the display, but she’s the only one.

Fortunately, the base of the ornament is nice and wide and you can still set the ornament of the month on it and enjoy the backdrop behind the ornament.  So I am glad I have the display.  I just want to hang the ornament instead of setting it there.

Also fortunately, the wide base makes it level and steady.  This allows you to set it anywhere and not have to worry.  You’d have to hit the display itself to knock it over.

Along with the display, you get six two sided cards to fit the display square, one for each ornament in the series.  They all come in the display holder, but it is very hard to get them out when all six are in there at the same time.  However, if you just keep one in there, it slides in and out very easily.

Yes, I am happy I got the display stand, although when I first discovered the flaw I wasn’t happy at all.  Here’s hoping they think these things through a little better if they do something like this again.  In the mean time, I’ll keep setting the ornaments on the base of the Happiness Is...stand.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Happiness is Peanuts All Year Long series.

Original Price: $17.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.