Saturday, August 30, 2014

August 30th's Weekly TV Thoughts

No, I didn't forget to post this.  I just finally watched The Quest today.  Things are slowing down as we hit that break between Summer season and the regular TV season, but I'll be busy again very soon.

Wipeout - So this week was a two hour edition.  The bosses and employees seemed more like friends this time around, and I liked that.  Those who were talked into it must have gotten eliminated early.

Royal Pains - I have said it before and I will say it again.  Seriously, USA Network promo people, DON'T SHOW A SCENE FROM THE END OF AN EPISODE!!!!!!  Some of us might want to be surprised by those twists.  So I am curious why Hank said no to Boris.  And I knew Emma was leaving, but I want to know how that will all tie up.  Season finale next week already?  Lots of lose threads to draw together; can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Covert Affairs - I said last week I thought it was Caitlin, and I was right.  Of course, who else could it have been that we knew from McQuaid's company.  Sometimes it doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out.  So, who is the target and why is this diplomat after someone?  Last time, fall season of this show started up in October, so I would guess we don't have too long to wait (unlike Suits).

Mystery Girls - That ending was pretty funny.  I mean, I knew Charlie would find a way to show her husband what she did was good, but everyone walking into that trap was great.  Again, another solid episode.  When they want to, they can make the show fun.

Graceland - Is it just me, or is this show becoming a mess.  I mean, really?  That's how they are going to play the tape recording of the murder from last season?  Of all the things to do?  And potentially killing Mike?  I'm sticking it out for the remainder of this season because there are only a couple of episodes left, but then I'm done.

The Quest - Christian is gone!!!  And there is very much rejoicing around here.  At this point, I'm not sure I care who stays and who goes.  I like Bonnie, but she's weak.  The guys seem like good contenders, although if the ladies gang up against them, they are doomed.  And I'm not sure if it was Christian leaving or just the two episodes back to back, but I got into the second hour more than I had before.  Since we have two weeks of back to back episodes left, I think that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.