Sunday, November 14, 2021

Disney Pin Review: National Button Day - Celebrate Today #11 - 2020 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great looking button as a pin
Cons: Twists the origins of the day
The Bottom Line:
Celebrate buttons
Slightly different meaning
But still, a fun pin




Celebrating a Different Kind of Button

I’ve been collecting pins and buttons since I was a kid.  That’s why I loved the November entry in Disney’s Celebrate Today pin series.  And I don’t even care if they are offering a twist on what the day is really supposed to be about.

You see, November 16th is National Button Day.  But if you look it up on the internet, you’ll find that it is supposed to be celebrating the creativity that can be displayed in the buttons we use to fasten our clothes.  However, Disney is taking it the other way, the buttons people can attach to their clothes, or backpacks, or anything else, to decorate them.

The pin itself is round like a button.  However, it has the two sticks out the back instead of the longer bar holder for a button.  The pin itself looks like one of Disney’s “I’m Celebrating” buttons.  It’s mostly green, with Pluto wearing a hat and blowing a noise maker.  The writing on it says “I’m Celebrating! National Button Day.”  Either this series was for Disney World release only or I got the pin from someone in Florida (I honestly don’t remember) because underneath that, it says Walt Disney World.  (And yes, it is always possible that they released the pin at both Disney World and Disneyland with the Walt Disney World for both locations.)  The bottom right corner still has the square with the date.

As I said at the beginning, I’ve been a button collector all my life, so I love the fact that they paid tribute to buttons, the forerunning of pins, with this release in the series.  The fact that it looks like a button you might get at a Disney park makes it even better.

Purists may say they are cheating with this celebration pin, but I find it lots of fun.  If you collect buttons, or pins, you’ll want this reminder of National Button Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.