Sunday, November 28, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Stitch Crashes The Jungle Book - Stitch Crashes Disney #9 - 2021 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Fun Jungle Book touches
Cons: Similar pose to two previous pins in series
The Bottom Line:
Stitch is going green
As he crashes Jungle Book
Fun, familiar pose




Stitch in The Jungle Book?  Fans Will Consider This Pin a Bare Necessity

Stitch has been visiting some of the older classic films for the last couple of entries in the Stitch Crashes Disney series, and he’s visiting another one for the ninth entry.  This time, it’s not a princess movie, however, as Stitch is crashing The Jungle Book.

When I hear jungle, I think green, so it’s no surprise that it is the dominate color of the pin.  Stitch’s ears and front are tan, but the rest is green.  He’s got a pattern on him, including plants.  And, if you look closely, you can see silhouettes of Baloo (twice!) and Mowgli as well.  On top of his head is a banana peel.  Fans of The Jungle Book and the song “The Bare Necessities” will make the connection with that song right away.

I’ve been saying that the off-color Stitches don’t work for me, but this is an exception.  Maybe I’m getting used to it, of maybe the green here is dark enough.  Either way, Stitch still looks good to me.  The characters in the pattern on him are a nice touch.

This is the third time that we’ve gotten Stitch sitting like he is here.  While it was very slightly different when he crashed Pinocchio, this one even has a same head tilt as he does in the Lady and the Tramp pin.  I get it, it is hard to come up with twelve different poses.  But I hope we get a little more variety with the final three pins.

Once again, the background card is also themed around the featured movie.  We get a bit of food in baskets, another banana peel, and some stones behind the pin.  I’ll admit, the specific scene included here isn’t jumping out at me, which I guess means I need to rewatch it.  Such a hardship.

Despite the disappointment of the pose, I really do like this pin overall.  Fans of The Jungle Book will enjoy Stitch’s take on the classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.