Saturday, November 5, 2022

November 5th's Weekly TV Thoughts

CBS cancelled The Real Love Boat just after I scheduled last week's post.  I'm a bit disappointed because I really did want to know what happens with the teams.  But I wasn't exactly enjoying the show.  Maybe I can find some recaps somewhere.  But it will make my Wednesdays easier.

Especially this week with LegoMasters bumped for the World Series.  Might get two episodes this week, might not.  It will depend on how the World series game goes tonight.

We also got the news that this is the final season of Stargirl.  I'm not surprised given the ratings and the bloodbath we saw last spring.  I probably would have stopped watching at the end of this season, anyway.  But I'm hearing everything was wrapped up, which makes me happy.

Magpie Murders – We did not need another complication of Susan’s father.  There is so much else going on.  I’m sure it will come into play at some point, but it seemed like a distraction.  I have no clue where the story is going, but I’m anxious to see how it all comes together.

Dancing with the Stars – Is this the first time the couples haven’t had matching costumes for the team dances?  Probably not, but I was so used to teams changing before hand this surprised me a bit.  Not surprised they didn’t given all the makeup the couples were wearing.  I’m not completely surprised with who went home.  I’m just surprised at how many fans Vinnie has to still be out of the bottom two when his scores are so much lower.  If he ever falls into the bottom two, the judges will send him home, I’m sure.

Quantum Leap – That was an…interesting episode.  I get it was themed for Halloween, but I feel like we didn’t really go anywhere in either storyline.  Yes, there was the cliffhanger at the end, but that was the only step forward in the stories.  And the jimson weed excuse didn’t cover all the demonic behavior.  The first miss of the season for me.

Stargirl – When this show goes for a fight scene, it goes all out.  I like that Courtney is being better about being a team player this season.  Still has a long way to go, but she’s been better overall, and this episode proved it.  Things are going to get bad with Cameron, however.  And what was that they found at the end of the episode?  That really felt like it came out of left field for me.

Survivor – That was quite the challenge.  It’s been a while since they did one where they had stages and you had to move on.  I’m a bit surprised that new advantage wasn’t played right away.  It will be interesting to see where it comes into play going forward.  Or if James is ousted before he can play it.

The Amazing Race – I’m sad to see the newly weds go.  I’m not remotely surprised given how they usually do, but I’m sad.  They were having fun, enjoying the race and each other, and made me laugh.  Their attitude when they got in the ditch was just perfect.  They took it in stride and then carried on.  I don’t know that I would have handled it that well.

So Help Me Todd – I love a good murder mystery (obviously), but I really don’t enjoy the ones where we get someone off who was wrongfully convicted so many years ago.  The idea of spending time in prison for something you didn’t do saddens me.  So that put a damper on this episode for me.  Also, where is the brother?  Seriously, if they are going to have family dinners, he needs to start showing up.  This is really annoying me.

Lopez vs. Lopez – I’m still searching for a good new sitcom.  I don’t think this is going to be it.  I’ll give it another chance since the pilot is often rough, but this didn’t do it for me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the Amazing Race. I really liked the newlywed couple because of their positive attitude about each other and their experience on the race. I hope they have a baby soon as they are really excited about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.