Saturday, November 12, 2022

November 12th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Magpie Murders – I did not see that revelation at the end of the episode coming.  I wonder what that means for Susan and how she will solve things now that she knows.  I’m still completely in the dark about what is happening in either storyline.  I’ll be curious to see how it all comes together.

LegoMasters (11/6) – So many creative pirate ships.  And so many outstanding puns!  I absolutely loved it.  I get why the one team changed up their story, and I’m sorry to see it cost them their spot in the competition.

Dancing with the Stars – Trevor’s dance to start the night was so much fun.  And he got lucky at the end being up against Linny for the judge’s votes.  As soon as I saw the bottom three, I know Linny was heading home.  I will be shocked if Trevor doesn’t go home next week, however.  Not sure who else will be in next week’s double elimination.  It’s going to be very close between the other remaining teams.  But back to tonight.  Daniel’s dance was the first time we had a deaf dancer showing us what it is like for them to dance.  And it impresses me every time.  They look like they are right on with the music, but there is nothing there for them to dance to.  I wish I could dance like they do with music there.

Quantum Leap – Another suspenseful episode.  I love how they find such creative stories to tell with twists I don’t expect.  And, thinking of things I don’t expect, I did not see that ending coming.  How and why is Addison in danger in the future?  How is this going to save her?  I’m glad it is for a reason that people will see as good, but I want to know more.  And we have to wait almost two months for another episode.

Stargirl – A good episode.  Did not see that ending coming.  And I’m bummed about it.  I can’t remember character names, but I really liked their arc this season.  Looks like we’ve got two enemies to be fighting now. The question becomes, will they be able to come together to defeat them?  And so many potential issues with the return of Icicle.

Survivor – So this is going to be one of those seasons.  “We are going to blow things up.  We are going to blow things up.  Never mind, it’s going to be the person we said at the beginning of the episode.”  I get it, the producers have to do something to get us hooked, but that is the silliest thing they do, and I am tired of it by now.

The Amazing Race – A wrong turn here and there can really mess you up.  We are fast running out of teams, too.  I wonder if we have another mega leg coming up to extend the season a little.  Please say we do.  My first thought when I saw the rugby challenge was it would be hard.  It was, but at least you were competing with yourself and not trying to get things by the other teams.  Since my memory and pronunciation are so bad, I definitely would have been doing that other challenge at the detour.

LegoMasters (11/9) – Can we just make all the weeks non-elimination challenges?  Just count up where everyone ranks each week and that’s who the winner is at the end.  I was happy neither of those teams went home.  As always, the judges were right with their comments, I just love both of those teams.  I thought the team that couldn’t come up with an idea for so long would struggle, but obviously not.  Their build was awesome.  I found their strategy backfiring a bit funny, although I know that they wanted the brinks, so I was very happy for them getting that box.

So Help Me Todd – We finally met the brother!  Seriously, this family needs help.  I just can’t stand them.  I know they are supposed to be funny, but they aren’t.  The case was pretty interesting, however.  I really liked how everyone wound up contributing, something we rarely see.

Lopez vs. Lopez – Definitely got more laughs out of this episode.  However, I didn’t appreciate all the jokes.  I think I’ll give it one more week (most likely), but unless they really wow me, I’ll probably drop it after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.