Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Ornament Review: Stocking Stuffers #2 - Bakers Tools - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute stocking stuffed with baker’s tools
Cons: Maybe too many spatulas
The Bottom Line:
Stocking for baker
Filled with tools and a sweet treat
Colorful and fun



A Stocking Stuffed with a Baker’s Delight

When I started the Stocking Stuffers series last year, one reason why I did was because I had seen a sneak peak of the second in the series, and I knew I liked it.  With how popular baking and baked good are, how could you go wrong with a baking themed stocking?

The stocking is mostly red, with a few decorations on it inspired by sugar cookies.  They don’t quite look good enough to eat, but they are decorations on a stocking and as such they look good.

Peeking out of the top of the stocking are some baking tools.  There’s a rolling pin and a whisk.  What is a little curious to me is the three spatulas.  The red one is smaller, but the yellow and green ones seem to be roughly the same size.  Now, I know that you might need more than on, and different sizes are good for different things, but it still seems odd to me that they would put three of them in this stocking.  But I’m making too much out of this.  Anyway, in the very front is a delicious looking gingerbread person with a candy cane looped over their hand.  Circling the stocking is a white fringe.

In a detail I love, the fringe is actually felt or something similar.  While the majority of the stocking is plastic, this little bit isn’t and feels so wonderfully soft.  I love details like that.

Despite what I said about the three spatulas, I do like this ornament overall.  It’s cute, and the colors look great together.

Being a stocking, this ornament won’t stand on its own.  Not that you’d want it to.  Stockings shouldn’t stand, right?  When you go to hang it, you’ll find that it hangs at a bit of an angle, but again, that’s by design.  It actually looks like how a stocking should be hung and looks great.

And yes, the two in a Christmas tree symbol is on the back of the stocking.

Each ornament in this series is being created by a different Hallmark artist.  This year, Anita Marra Rogers gave us this delightful piece.

Anyone who enjoys baking will definitely enjoy the second Stocking Stuffers ornament.  If that’s you, get it today whether you get the rest of the series or not.

Here are the rest of the Stocking Stuffers ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.