Saturday, November 19, 2022

November 19th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Magpie Murders – I know it’s me, but I’m having trouble keeping the two cases straight.  The crossover characters (really, characters based on people the author knew) is a little too confusing.  It would help if I sat and really concentrated.  Still, I’m curious how this is all going to come together in the end.  Especially since I don’t have any clue.  I found it interesting that the book’s scenes were all connected and the stuff in the present was all wrapped around.

Dancing with the Stars – I’m not surprised about the results tonight.  I’m okay with the results tonight.  The four best dancers from the season are in the finale.  I mean, both of the ladies were amazing and deserved their perfect scores.  I think it is a battle between the two of them for next week’s champion.  As the judges were saying, the competition is so fierce this season, and the others would have made the finals in previous years.  Of course, I feel like I’ve been saying that every year for the last several years.  Sorry to hear that Len is retiring, but not at all surprised.  He will be missed on the show.

The Santa Clauses – As a huge fan of the original film (watch it most years) and the franchise overall, I was really looking forward to this.  I’m sorry to say that as a TV series, this is going to make a great movie.  There are fun moments in both episodes to be sure, and I will definitely keep watching.  But it felt drawn out in a way they wouldn’t have to do in a movie.

Stargirl – As much as I complain about the uneven nature of this show, when it is good, it can be so good.  So many emotional and powerful moments in this episode without tons of dialogue.  The shots and the actors and the music carried it for us.  They are setting up some interesting twists for the next couple of episodes.

Survivor – It’s always interesting when they split up the merge tribe and send random halves to tribal.  Glad James is gone.  I was kind of rooting for him to go for a few weeks, mainly because he was coming across as too egotistical.  Not quite sure what the steal a vote was all about.  Seems to me like it could have been used at a better point in the game.

The Amazing Race – Between the fact that I don’t like fish (not even the smell) and I love paddle boarding, which I’ve really gotten into the last few months, I definitely would have done that paddle boarding side of the detour.  Didn’t look easy, but I don’t think either side was especially easy.  And it would definitely have been more fun.  I’m really worried the twins will wind up going home.  I get it, with the injury they are doing the best they can.  I’m not blaming anyone.  But it is definitely slowing them down.  It’s a problem because I really like them.  Not that there are any teams that especially annoy me at this point.

LegoMasters – Still not sure how I feel about Ethan and Dom coming in after the first couple of weeks, but I am sorry to see them go.  They were singing my tune tonight about the golden brick, but it is hard to say they lost when they got all those Legos.  And what a fun challenge.  I want to play those holes.  Yes, all of them.

Lopez Vs. Lopez – And I’m out.  I gave it three episodes, but I’m just not finding the humor in the show.  Well, I did find the tag pretty hysterical, but other than that, the episode was a miss.

1 comment:

  1. I might have to check out The Santa Clauses. Nice roundup, Mark.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.