Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Ornament Review: A Snowy Treat - Petite Penguins #7 - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Cute penguin with a snow cone
Cons: The snow part doesn’t quite work as well as it could
The Bottom Line:
A cool ornament
Snow cone could be bit better
Still cute overall



A Cold Treat for a Cool Friend

As much as I love ice cream (and I really do), I tend to gravitate toward it in the warmer months.  Same with other things like snow cones.  Yet, that’s the theme of this year’s Petite Penguins ornament, A Snowy Treat, and it really fits.

This miniature ornament series features a cute penguin doing something fun.  This year, he’s got a snow cone.  It’s almost as big as he is, so he’s having a hard time holding it.  And there are three flavors on it, represented by stripes of green, white, and red.

I get why those colors were chosen – they are Christmas colors.  I have to admit, my first thought when looking at it, however, is Italy, since it looks just like their flag.  That could have been fixed by mixing up the colors.

The bigger issue with the snow cone, however, is that it is clear.  Despite how it looks in Hallmark’s official pictures, we hardly see the green and red stripes.  I’m of two minds about this.  It could look very cool this way with the lights of a Christmas tree shining behind it.  However, I really do wish the green and red stripes showed up more.

Despite how I started this review, I certainly get the appeal of the ornament and why it was selected.  After all, if you live at the poles like penguins do, it’s always cold.  And the snow is plentiful to have snow cones all the time.  Plus, they are more used to the cold than I am.  Yes, I am a cold weather wimp.  And the overall design is extremely cute.

As I mentioned at the beginning, this is a mini ornament that’s just over an inch tall.  As long as you know that when you buy it, you’ll be fine.

Because the penguin has such small feet, the ornament really doesn’t stand on its own.  However, when you go to hang him, you’ll find he looks great.  And the 7 in a Christmas tree is present, although you need a magnifying glass to see the 7.

I appreciate what they were trying to do with A Snowy Treat.  It’s just a shame it doesn’t quite come together like they wanted it to.

Enjoy the rest of the Petite Penguin ornaments.

1 comment:

  1. That is cute. Too bad it wasn't as lovely as it might have been. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. MarthaE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.