Saturday, February 4, 2023

February 4th's Weekly TV Thoughts

 Hang on to your hats, I've got three weeks worth of thoughts for you.  Mostly on the same shows.

Night Court (1/17) – The first episode was a pilot, but the second episode definitely felt like it had promise.  Since I’ve never watched the original series, I feel like I’m missing a few things, but I definitely see that this could be a very funny show.  I’ll keep watching and see what I think going forward.

Will Trent (1/17) – Still not that impressed.  And considering how far behind I am on shows right now, I should probably give up.  But I’m hanging on for now.

Special Forces: World’s Toughest Challenge (1/18) – With Beverly Mitchell out, I might stop watching this one.  It’s just so hard to get through with all the yelling at each other, especially coming from the Staff.

Lingo (1/18) – Just when I was thinking Ru Paul wasn’t as annoying this time around, he started to annoy me again.  Still, I find it fun even if I struggle just as much as the contestants to find the words.  I get them wanting to make it anyone’s game until the end, but it hurts when a team I’ve been rooting for loses at the last second to a team that has clearly been struggling.  Especially when you get a final showdown as boring as this one was.

Night Court (1/24) – Yes, I’m definitely on board.  Actual humor, heart warming characters, and genuine laughs, not the feeling that the writers are trying too hard.  I think the laugh track is a little harder than it has to be, but this is definitely the best sitcom I’ve tried in the last few years.

Will Trent (1/24) – I think that’s the episode I enjoyed the most so far, but it was still rather hard to watch.  Such a bizarre and painful case.  Do they really have to go with such weird stuff every week?

Special Forces: World’s Toughest Challenge (1/25) – I thought I was doing okay until they got to the yelling at the end.  Of course, we know the guy won’t leave or they would have ended the episode with him leaving.  Still on the fence if I will stick with this one or not.  May make it more of a fast forward show and just skip parts of it.  I certainly couldn’t do it since so much involves heights.  I hate heights.

Lingo (1/25) – Just to prove how wrong I can be, the come from behind team in this episode actually did an amazing job and won the final showdown.  Of course, I felt they were in it pretty much the entire time during their earlier rounds.  They just had some bad breaks.  Their come from behind win was impressive.

Quantum Leap (1/30) – I watched this episode the night of the 1st, right before Groundhog Day.  That definitely added to the fun.  Nice twist on the overall story telling device, and nice twists along the way.  I even liked what they did back in the present, which is officially now 2023, apparently, since Ben referenced that.  And it’s always fun to see Robert Picardo again.

Night Court (1/31) – Still having fun with this one.  The sub-plot wasn’t the best, but the main plot was pretty funny and fun.

Will Trent (2/1) – I’m still struggling to really like or relate to the characters, but they are growing on me a little.  And the case was so out there bizarre this time.

Special Forces: The World’s Toughest Challenge (2/1) – I told ya he didn’t quit.  (I promised, I watched the last episode before this one aired.)  But two more people did.  Not that surprised at either one of them.  Health comes first over proving something for a TV show for sure.

Lingo (2/1) – That team in the second half was amazing!  There was no way they could be caught.  And it’s not that the other team was bad, they just ran into some lucky players.

1 comment:

  1. I see you watch Night Court and Lingo. I haven't seen them and haven't watched Netflix in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.