Friday, April 14, 2023

April 14th's Friday Post

Welcome to Friday.  Time for another Friday Post, where I will link up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

For the first three, I will be featuring teasers from Curds of Prey, the third Cheese Shop Mystery from Korina Moss.


I'm in the middle of this one right now, and I'm enjoying it.  However, the opening isn't the most attention grabbing:

"Alp Blossom."  I showed Olivia Harrington and her two grown daughters the beautiful cheese wheel coated in colorful trimmings of dried grasses and flowers.

As I said, the first line isn't an attention grabber, but it does help that Olivia and her daughters are suspects, and we get conflict within just a few pages.  It doesn't make for an exciting teaser, but the opening chapter is still a good introduction to the book.

In fact, by the time we've reached page 56, we are in the thick of things, as you can tell by this teaser.  For a little context, Roman is the main character's potential love interest.  She is currently talking to the police after having found the book's murder victim.

"Roman's not guilty of anything," I added hastily.  "I only called and texted him because I was worried about him.  I thought something bad had happened to him."  It registered that my voice was raised, but I couldn't help it.
"Because his car was still on the property?"
"Yes!"

Is Roman safe?  Or is he the killer?

As I said, I'm reading this one now, but the plan is to finish it up on Friday and review it next Thursday.  Of course, I have two other book reviews to write.  I've got to get busy this weekend.

Let's finish things off with this week's Book Blogger Hop.  This question is:

What is your go-to website to check out book reviews?

If I'm looking for thoughts on a particular book, I usually go to Amazon or Goodreads.

Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Who wouldn't love a cheese-y cozy? lol Enjoy, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy this one, Mark. I am like you, if I want reviews, I read Goodreads or Amazon. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series is on my TBR list. I've heard great things about it. Happy Friday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series looks so good and is on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the title of this book. So fun! And, like you, I go to Goodreads or Amazon if I'm looking for reviews on a particular book. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a good read! I don't mind a less interesting first paragraph or two, as long the book draws me in within a few pages. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first line this week is from Blind Trust by Natalie Walters
    “How much longer?” Lyla Fox gritted her teeth at the voice echoing through the tiny earpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a yummy mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always do such a nice job introducing your books and setting us up to be readers of them, if we choose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a series I'd like to try--and I love the play-on-words title!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodreads and Amazon seem to be the go to answers for this week's question. Have a great weekend. - Katie

    My BBH if you care to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2023/04/book-blogger-hop-14-april-2023.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read blogs for book reviews. There have some books that grab my interest because of a review on a blog.

    My Post: https://snapdragonalcoveblog.wordpress.com/2023/04/14/my-go-to-websites-for-book-reviews/comment-page-1/#comment-3674

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm currently reading Shielding the Baby by Laura Scott. The first line is: "Shots fired." Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was kind of iffy on the first book in this series so I didn't continue with it but I think I need to give it another chance. While not the most attention grabbing first line I do like the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.