Saturday, April 29, 2023

April 29th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Race to Survive: Alaska – So just one team out from leg 2.  I’ll be interesting to see if they are going to keep that record going, or if they will have an elimination because someone was the last to arrive.  I still can’t fathom the woman who is thinking about her brother’s wedding.  She shouldn’t be out there at all.  Clearly, she doesn’t want to be there.  And family is infinitely more important anyway.

Night Court – Maybe it was a case of the heart growing fonder, but I enjoyed this episode.  Yes, it was silly.  Yes, it was pretty predictable.  But it was light and fun, which is really what I look for in a sitcom.  Not surprised they are looking to write Rand out of the show (at least that’s my prediction now) since a fiancé you rarely see never lasts for long on a TV show.

Superman & Lois – Several predictable moments here, but I’m glad to see them.  They were needed character development, so that’s not necessarily a bad thing.  And I love what they are doing with Lois and Clark this year.  Once again, realistic yet a strong relationship at their core.  As far as Sophie goes, isn’t this the first time we’ve seen her this season?  Or one of the rare ones.  It’s no wonder she feels forgotten – her own family has forgotten about her.  But that twist at the end?  I didn’t see that coming at all.

Gotham Knights – So, if the man who killed Bruce’s parents has been on death row for 50 years, how old was Bruce?  I was picturing him as in his 40’s.  I’m wondering what that line from the nursery rhyme has to do with anything.  I hope the dad really does pull through.  What a crazy final act.  And that last scene.  They sure are playing around with the Two Face revelation, aren’t they?

The Weakest Link – That win should pay for a nice trip to Europe, although I wonder how much will be left over to give to charity. Can’t believe he pulled it off. It really does come down to luck of a good or bad question, doesn’t it?

Will Trent – I was expecting Will to be attacked right as the episode ended.  Should have seen Angie’s abduction coming.  Wow, there was a lot to that episode.  And yes, I should have connected the flashbacks sooner than I did.  I was half way there, but I just couldn’t get it all pieced together until part way through the episode.  Didn’t figure out the connection to Will until near the end.

The Flash – I really was looking forward to this episode.  I loved Arrow for so many seasons and it got me going on all of these shows.  Once again, I felt let down.  It’s just not the same somehow.  I think the ending of Arrow really bothered me more for all of these shows than I thought it would.  That’s at least part of my issue, and bring Oliver back reminded me of that.  I guess I was just expecting something … more from this episode.

Survivor – Going home with someone else’s idol.  Because they were worried about something that isn’t in play.  That’s really got to hurt.  Yam Yam is getting a little full of himself again, isn’t he?  And that tribe can’t stay neutral for long.  They’ve got to start picking sides.  I’m with Carolyn, time to vote out Nick.

True Lies – I wish I’d gotten a chance to watch the movie (I have it recorded) before watching this episode since Tom Arnold guest starred.  But it was still pretty fun seeing him here, and I caught a nod or two.  But seriously, can we get an episode where the two couples don’t bicker the entire way through?  Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.