Saturday, April 8, 2023

April 8th's Weekly TV Thoughts

My first season finale aired this past week.  Kind of hard to believe we are there already, isn't it?

The Company You Keep – They ended up where I was expecting, Emma and Charlie working together to take down Daphne.  But I figured we’d team up in the first few minutes of this episode.  Shows why I’m not a writer, right?  This episode made that journey much more interesting and raised the stakes while doing it.

Quantum Leap – What a ride!  I knew he wouldn’t leap home or the show would end, and it’s going to be a long wait until September to find out what happens next.  But in the meantime, so many twists and turns and moments that kept me glued to my seat in this one.  Definitely well worth the journey for the first season.

Race to Survive: Alaska – I could have done without the throw up.  Seriously, just tell us about it later, don’t show it to us.  I wish they had told us what happened to the contestant who had to be evacuated so early.  But yes, I will definitely be watching this show to the end.  It’s a cross of Survivor and The Amazing Race, and it looks like it is going to be interesting as it goes along.  I am curious to see what all they have to do.

Night Court – Yes, I do find Abby’s soft on crime approach off putting at times.  But overall, this episode was still very fun.  The non-blackmail blackmail and Neal’s stuff were cracking me up.

Superman & Lois – When this show is at its best, it’s presents conflicts where both sides are wrong or someone is really trying to do the right thing.  I’m glad that Sarah’s behavior was addressed in this episode as well as Lana’s.  Both were wrong.  Neither was justified in what they did.  Meanwhile, Clark had the best of intentions, and I’m thankful Lois saw that.  Meanwhile, the main story took some interesting steps forward.

Gotham Knights – Obviously, Harvey Dent’s identity as Two Face is going to come into play at some point because they are clearly setting up that he works with/for the Owls.  Does this mean he gave his opponent for mayor the coin?  And they didn’t keep Cressida’s connection secret for very long either.  My station was having some issues, so I think I missed a couple of things, but I got the overall picture.  Hope that happy with the supernatural element they introduced there at the end.  Yes, yes, I know, this is a comic book story.  But still, it felt weird given what’s come before in the series.

The Mandalorian – A pretty good episode.  Impressive guest cast, too.  The story of the week was interesting, which is more than we can saw for some of the episodes so far this season.

The Flash – Not a bad episode.  I figured we would undo everything as soon as Barry announced to the strangers that he was The Flash.  Fun, although I don’t know that I have too much more than that to say about it.

Survivor – I can certainly identify with Caroline – I hate it when I’m trying to share something I know is true and everyone is ignoring me.  But I had to laugh at Jeff because I can’t keep track of what has what between idols and fake idols.  Glad they didn’t have the “twist” of sending the other half to tribal this time around.  It is interesting when everyone is voting but only half the people are in danger.  I wonder if Yam Yam is as vulnerable as he appears, or if, with everyone a potential target next time, he will be safer.

True Lies – A fun episode overall.  And is that a new romance in the air?  Probably not since she was a guest star.  I get that Helen is new to everything, but can we stop having her make very stupid mistakes just annoying Harry.  I’m a little over it already.  Can’t they come up with some fun storylines that give us some different conflicts to explore?  I did like all the various places the characters went to protect the innocent.  Those were some cool sub-plots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.