Thursday, April 27, 2023

Ornament Review: Count of Cozy - Noble Nutcrackers #4 - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Great details, overall fun
Cons: Brown not as appealing as some other colors to me; what exactly makes him cozy?
The Bottom Line:
Counting on cozy
A brown series addition
That’s good if not great



For a Warm Winter’s Night, You Need to Invite the Count of Cozy

I keep saying I’m debating about the Noble Nutcracker ornament series from Hallmark, and I keep buying them.  But seriously, how could I pass up the Count of Cozy?

This ornament is predominantly browns and tans.  His hat looks Russian to me.  It and the cuffs on his sleeves are plush, but the rest of the ornament is plastic.  He’s wearing a coat with some fun designs on it.  In his right hand is a light pole.

Since this is a nutcracker, the lever in the back of the ornament really works, causing a rectangle below his head to open and close.  Since this ornament is plastic, you couldn’t really crack any nuts in it, but that’s true for most nutcrackers these days.  It’s definitely a fun design element.

I’ll admit, brown isn’t one of my favorite colors, so the fact that this is the main pallet for the ornament makes it a little less appealing than some of the others in the series.  However, the details are great with so much to look at.  I’m a little unsure exactly where the cozy comes into play, too.  I do like the ornament overall, however.

The Count is standing on a nice, white circular base with glitter on it, obviously representing snow.  That means you can set the ornament out to be displayed if you don’t want to hang him on your tree.

If you do go to hang him, you’ll find that he tips forward a little bit.  It’s not enough to cause an issue, however, especially when you have tree branches around him.

The series marker, a 4 in a Christmas tree, is on the bottom of the ornament’s stand.

While this isn’t the strongest entry in the series, the Count of Cozy is still a fun addition to my collection.

Enjoy the rest of the Noble Nutcrackers.

1 comment:

  1. This is just too cute for words! Brown is one of my favorite colors. I think of it as a warm, cozy color, which is why I chose it as the text color on my blog. :D I think the thick coat makes him look cozy too. I love the lamp post. Lamp posts are one of my favorite things to photograph and to see in photographs. I don't know about the Count holding one, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.