Saturday, April 15, 2023

April 15th's Weekly TV Thoughts

The Company You Keep – So, we got the will they/won’t they find out.  Now, we’ve got the will they/won’t they get back together.  I like that they are slow playing things right now.  Makes for a very interesting storyline.  I have no idea where they are going to go with things.  I also like that they are doing with the ex.  Everyone has made some poor decisions in the past.

Race to Survive: Alaska – I hope they didn’t think they were being dramatic with the no elimination reveal.  I had that figured out last week.  I think the shock would have been if they had eliminated another team.  I think I’ve got the rhythm of the show down now that we’ve made it through one leg.  We’ll see if that holds true going forward.  Interested to see them doing something different next week.

Night Court – All the characters still aren’t working quite as well as they should, but overall, this was a fun episode.  I’m surprised they revealed the secret love thing already.  I wonder if the writers wrote all of season 1 before they knew season 2 was going to happen, so they didn’t drag out things they might normally drag out, like that storyline.

Superman & Lois – I was glad to see Lois finally yield at the end.  And that moment with Clark?  Again, it is why I love this show so much.  I also like Lana’s speech at the end.  Revealing the truth would hurt more than help, and since the man is dead, there is nothing to be gained.  You can always print something later, but once it is out there, there is no going back.  Also, I like what they are doing with Sam this season – more so than previous seasons, they are trying to humanize him.  I hope it lasts.

Gotham Knights – Yep, they are definitely going there with Harvey Dent.  Not surprised, I mean, if you have him in the show, you pretty much have to, right?  I’ll be interested to see how they develop it.  Otherwise, I feel like this was more stand alone than some of the others, but with plenty of action to keep me interested and a little bit of the next step there at the end.

The Weakest Link – For some reason, I thought this had been cancelled.  Obivously, not.  Fun to see them switch things up with twins this time around.

The Mandalorian – They set things up for an interesting season finale, but the pacing was once again an issue for me.  So much that was just there for a few minutes and didn’t seem to actually go anywhere.  I just don’t get why I don’t connect with the show like others seem to.

Survivor – Such a bummer.  I was rooting for Matt and Frannie.  I figured the tribe would split them up at some point, and I get why he was voted out.  But still, that one hurt.  Poor guy only got to vote once, too.  Definitely and interesting twist to the game.  I did like it.

True Lies – Some good lines and a good story.  But seriously, can the personal stories get a little more creative?  They are easily the worst part of each episode since they telegraph things so early and often.

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE the Mandolorian. That last episode was FANTASTIC and we're looking forward to Wednesday too. I could never get into Night Court - the new one - mostly because I grew up with the original and I want to keep it that way (as in I want to make sure that I' m not ruining an already good thing). I just hope that they don't try to reboot Cheers. LOL.

    Love your blog - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.