Saturday, April 22, 2023

April 22nd's Weekly TV Thoughts

The Company You Keep – Dad is a lose cannon and is going to cause more trouble.  I like the breakthrough they gave Emma this week, but they upped the stakes again with the villains we are trying to take down.  I don’t see how they are going to wrap everything up in two episodes.  They are going to pack a lot into those episodes.

Race to Survive: Alaska – Seriously, you can show us a team is sick with all the throwing up and the noises before he does.  That’s just disgusting.  At this point, I’m wondering if any of the back teams are going to make it to the check point in time.  (Or do they have another day I’ve missed, I thought they were on the final day.)  But with that injury, I think that team is out.  And the others are sounding ready to quit as well.

Will Trent – I know I’ve been saying that I wouldn’t continue on if the show was picked up for season 2, but I’m beginning to question that.  Maybe it just took a while for the show to find it’s footing.  I was definitely intrigued by the storylines tonight.  I didn’t see how Will was going to save the day, so I was hooked there.  And the storyline with Angie took a turn I wasn’t expecting at all.  I’m not sure I am on board with what she did, but I can at least respect it, which I didn’t think I was going to be able to do when the episode started.

The Weakest Link – I was almost shouting at them during the first round to “bank.”  Then they banked after every question, and I was shouting at them to try to build a chain at least a little.  I was a bit surprised that Jane didn’t give them credit for banking about half of the max in the first round.  Usually, she does.

The Mandalorian – A good climax to this chapter.  But man do they need to have fewer characters who wear masks all the time next season.  It really did become hard to tell everyone apart.  I’ve read that season 4 is written, so I am curious where they are going to go with the show.

Survivor – A very nice blindside.  I guess Yam Yam kept his mouth shut after all.  I’d hate to be in that position to make a decision like that.  And, you see, Race to Survive, if you have to include someone being sick, this is how you do it.  It’s over almost as soon as it starts.  Although I still could have done without hearing it.  Just hearing about it would have been fine.

True Lies – It was feeling like it was a little slow, but obviously, they were saving their budget for the third act with all that action on several fronts.  And it was money well spent, too, since it was fun.  But I’m still wishing they’d be more original with the relationship stuff.  I feel like it is the same thing over and over each week.  Let’s see everyone work as a team from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.