Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cracker Review: White Cheddar Cheez-It

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: White Cheddar flavor
Cons: Not remotely healthy
The Bottom Line:
Delicious flavor
These crackers vanish quickly
Leaving pounds behind




How Do You Improve on the Original?  By Adding Cheddar

I love cheese. I've only met a couple types of cheese I don't like. I can eat cheese all day long. So naturally, the original Cheez-It crackers became my favorite snack crackers. I never had them much growing up, but when I did, they were a treat I enjoyed.

When I moved out on my own, I discovered that Sunshine had started making other flavors of Cheez-Its. I didn't see how they could improve on the flavor of the original, but I had to give them a try. While I enjoyed most of them, there was one I fell in love with - White Cheddar Cheez-It.

I don't know why I was so surprised by this fact. My favorite type of cheese is cheddar. In fact, it's all I buy for the sandwiches I eat for lunch. And these don't disappoint.

The White Cheddar Cheez-It contain a strong sharp cheddar flavor. My statement when it comes to cheddar is "The sharper, the better," so I love the flavor. In fact, it tastes the most like real cheese of any of the Cheez-It flavors. It's got a bit of the cracker flavor, but tastes almost like the deli sliced cheddar I love so much for lunch.

The bad part is, I can sit down and eat an entire box before I realize what I've done. And while my taste buds love it, it's not good for me. Just 25 crackers contain 150 calories. Worse yet, 72 of those are from fat. And it has 280 milligrams of sodium, too. And, it's not like I can justify it because of good nutrients. The only thing that even registers on the scale is Iron, and those 25 crackers only have 8% of a recommended daily serving.

I still try to treat Cheez-Its as a are treat instead of something I get every time I go to the grocery store. But when I am in the mood, these are the kind I look for. Everything else is just bland these days.

Ingredients: The main ingredients are flour, vegetable oil, and cheddar cheese with dashes of salt, whey, yeast, and lots of other stuff I don't recognize. As far as allergens goes, it has a posted warning that it contains wheat, milk, and soy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.