Thursday, June 13, 2013

Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for June 14th

Happy Flag Day!

And since it also happens to be Friday, here is this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

My book this week is Revenge on Route 66, the fourth Tracy Eaton Mystery by Kris Neri.  It's another wild ride, which is always the case for this comedic mystery series.  Should be finishing it at lunch time today, and I'm hoping to have a review up tonight.

Anyway, it starts like this:

Which is worse, secrets or lies?

And skipping ahead to page 56:

Philly was so flattered by The Actor's attention, he never admitted to himself that he was getting conned, too.

That's right, I'm dealing with con men for the second book in a row.  Funny how those things work out.

Also, this book has a character named Mark Baker, and I'm getting quite a laugh out of him.

12 comments:

  1. Great excerpts...and I love that title. Route 66 conjures up all kinds of thoughts and feelings.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. And it gives this book a different feel from the rest of the series.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an entertaining read...enjoy! Here's my Friday Beginnings/56:

    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/06/friday-focus-book-beginnings-and-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I like the opener! What is worse? Secrets or lies? hmm...

    My post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on the secret of the lie.

      Delete
  4. I love a good mystery that contains a few laughs along the way. Sounds like a decent read!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is a blast. I've enjoyed all four of them now.

      Have a great weekend yourself.

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a fun read. I think I'd say that lies are slightly worse, but both can be bad. Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does depend on the lie and the secret. And if you have to lie to keep the secret.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. No way Mark! A character with your name? Hope he is a good guy! lol

    Come on by Harlie's Books and check out our Friday 56 and Book Beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's an interesting character. I got a huge kick out of it, that's for sure.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.