Friday, May 15, 2015

May 15th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome again to Friday, which means Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

I've got to admit, I'm in a bit of a quandery this week.  While both books I could have pulled from had great openings, their pages 56 were only okay from a teaser quote perspective.  I decided to go with my current read, As Gouda as Dead by Avery Aames, which I hope to finish up today.




The book jumps right in:

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.  "And don't 'Hush, Charlotte' me again."

That's definitely an attention grabber, right?

Page 56 is the beginning of Chapter 9, and I'm going to use the first couple of lines from that chapter:

"What?" Tyanne and Rebecca shrieked in unison.
I held my hands in a T for timeout while glancing around the shop.

So, tell me, how does that second quote grab you?

10 comments:

  1. They both make me want to read the book. I have read her whole Cookbook Nooks series, but haven't started the Cheese Shop books yet, and I need to change that,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are only six books to the series so far. (Says the guy who finds the idea of "only six books" very daunting right about now.)

      Delete
  2. I can't help but wonder where cozy authors come up with such clever titles for their books. This sounds like another good mystery.
    My Friday post features DANCING AT THE RASCAL FAIR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good pun, so the titles are one of many reasons I love the genre.

      Delete
  3. Definitely some attention grabbing excerpts! I read the first book in this series and it didn't quite work for me but I keep thinking I need to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had only read the first book until last year when I decided to get caught up on the series. They do overwhelm with the characters, that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. This one was so fun. I love this series!

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/15/the-friday-56-61-jill-kismet-the-complete-series/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the ending of this book. So great, right?

      Delete
  5. I prefer the beginning which promises a surprise.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was sorry that the 56 wasn't better. It's a good page, but filled with spoilers, so it was hard to find a good quote.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.