Friday, May 29, 2015

May 29th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

For a short week, this has been a long and stressful week.  But I'm heading up to visit my family this weekend, so I have that to look forward to.

Before I do, here's this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.  This week, I'm featuring Truffled to Death by Kathy Aarons. (Which I haven't even gotten to read in today - yet.  That's the kind of day Thursday was.)




And it begins like this:

"It's so beautiful," I practically cooed at the plain clay bowl sitting just inches from my face behind the glass.  My fingers were itching to hold it.

Jumping to page 56, we find:

I couldn't help but imagine that he'd left the country with the goods from the robbery,

Have a great weekend, everyone.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. I hope you find some time this weekend to enjoy it.
    Happy weekend.
    Here's mine: http://www.sharonsbooknook.com/2015/05/29/feature-friday-into-a-million-pieces/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are enjoying this one. Here is mine
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-friday-56-3.html?zx=7c99acd4fbdb2dbb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. Hope you have a great weekend with your family.

    Here''s my posting:http://www.thereadinghead.com/friday-56-meets-book-beginnings-3/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a really good book. Have a great weekend, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a really good book. Have a great weekend, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds good! Just looking at the cover makes me want chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds nice and cozy. This week I am spotlighting Prudence by Gail Carriger. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love the titles of your books because they're such great puns! There's a massive difference in tone between the BB and F56 which makes me wonder what happens in between! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have  great weekend!
    My Friday Meme
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. A food mystery is always a good thing. Hope you have a relaxing weekend with your family.
    Here's My Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds good! Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the mystery surrounding a theft. Does the beautiful bowl have anything to do with it?
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I spotted this book several times this week and had to get it. Sounds so fun and I never seem to get enough cozies. Plus, summer seems like my favorite time to read the, sitting by the pool or chilling in the shade. Have a great weekend and enjoy your read.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/29/the-friday-56-63-dark-places-by-gillian-flynn/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.