Saturday, May 9, 2015

May 9th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Next week is going to be killer.  I'm already dreading all the cliffhangers!  And it looks like all my shows are getting renewed for next season as well.  Since there are at least two shows I need to start watching next season, I'm not sure how that is going to work.  I don't have time for any more TV shows!

Once Upon a Time – They wrapped up a lot I wasn’t expecting, but that leaves us wide open for some fun next week.  I think I’m really going to enjoy the twist on the characters we will get thanks to Gold’s rewrite.  You can read my full recap here.

Dancing with the Stars – Nastia’s trio dance was a bit unfair to everyone else since she has been training with Sasha all along and even competed with him two weeks.  Having said that, I agree with the judges that it was wonderful.  I really do agree with the judges for the most part on the dancing and scores, in fact.  I wasn’t that surprised with who got eliminated.  Yes, they are both getting better, but they are also the weakest of the group that danced on Monday.

Castle – What was up with that cameo!  This show is above that.  The mystery was fine, but that cameo really, really bugged me.  Read more of my rantwith my full recap.

The Flash – So I get that Grodd is a big part of Flash’s story and history, but I was less than impressed.  In fact, it felt like it was forced into the storyline of the season at this point.  I’ll be interested to see if they work him in better in the future or what.

Agents of SHIELD – Well, I knew that meeting would end badly.  It just didn’t end badly for the person I thought it would.  Next week should prove interesting, that for sure.

Arrow – I’ll admit, I think I’m getting a little tired of this storyline and the darkness.  However, Oliver working from the inside to take down the league is interesting.  I figured it had to be something like that.  The cliffhanger at the end sure got me.  What in the world is Oliver up to?

Survivor – Really?  You know someone has a hidden immunity idol, and you still all vote for him?  I’m sorry, but that’s the stupidest move of all time.  Yes, even more stupid than being voted out with two idols in your pocket and giving up immunity and then being voted out COMBINED!!  Also, Rodney, quit whining.  It’s unattractive in an adult.

Young and Hungry – How can something that seems like such a good idea go so horribly wrong?  And what are the odds?  Only on TV, right?

Big Bang Theory – I sometimes feel that writers leave things open when they aren’t sure what to do with the story next and want a few months to decide.  That’s definitely the case with Penny and Leonard here.  I was certainly surprised that Sheldon had a ring for Amy.  I’ll be interested to see that develop next season.

The Odd Couple – Two episodes and some good laughs.  I do like Merv, but I also like that actor, so it’s nice to find him on a new show.  I hope he sticks around long term (assuming the show sticks around long term).  They seem to be developing an ensemble comedy.  It makes me curious what the original show was like.

The Amazing Race – So now they give us the “still racing” bit and the mid-leg elimination again.  It will be interesting if someone other than the last place teams gets eliminated this time around since, so far this season, the non-elimination legs haven’t mattered in the end.  It looked to me like the waves at the Road Block got worse as the day went on.  Another reason to get there early, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm..I need to catch up on OUAT. Every so often I quit watching because it is too much camp for me, but then I binge on it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Season finale tonight, so you won't get further behind until season 5 starts up again in September.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.