Sunday, February 28, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Stitch Crashes Beauty and the Beast - Stitch Crashes Disney #1 - 2021 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great looking giant pin
Cons: I’m not beastly enough to find cons
The Bottom Line:
Stitch gets the spotlight
Beautiful first series pin
Oversized, looks great






Stitch Starts His Chameleon Act with a Change as Old as Time

For 2021, Disney centered their limited edition series around Stitch.  I’m not a big fan of Lilo and Stitch (although I keep meaning to rewatch the film), but I loved the trailers they produced when it first came out.  These trailers featured Stitch ruining iconic scenes in other Disney animated movies.  Because of that, I was intrigued by the series.  To be honest, I’m still not sure if I will be collecting all of them, but I caved and got the first since it is centered around Beauty and the Beast, one of my favorites.

The pin is of Stitch, and he’s still his mostly purple color.  However, he’s not completely purple like normal.  He’s got roses on him – enchanted roses.  He’s also got a rose in his mouth, looking like he is trying to impress a woman.  Maybe Beast has some competition for Belle from someone other than me.

Even the card the pin comes on gets into the act.  Behind Stitch, we see the remains of a chandelier that has crashed to the ballroom floor.  For those who remember those trailers, this was how one of them ended.

What I haven’t mentioned is that this is a jumbo pin.  It’s 3.5 inches tall by 2.5 inches wide.  It had better be big since this is the only pin we get for $24.95, which is more expensive than the 3 pin sets they’ve been releasing over the last few years.  To be honest, it almost looks big enough to be one of the things Disney sells to hang from a pin lanyard, but it clearly isn’t.  It’s got two pins sticking out of the back, although I wouldn’t want to wear this one in the park all day because of the size.

As I said, between my love of those trailers from almost 20 years ago and loving Beauty and the Beast, I decided to get this pin.  I really do like it, and I think the pin’s backing is as much part of the fun.  Did I mention the sides of the card have holes in them, making it look like old fashioned film?  It’s great!

Stitch is going to change more as the series progresses.  The next two are growing on me, so I suspect I will wind up with all of the pins from this set.  Either way, I’m glad I got the first entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.