Friday, February 5, 2021

February 5th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's Friday!  It's Friday!  That must mean it is time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Bronzed Betrayals, the fifth Bodies of Art Mystery by Ritter Ames


This is a fun book.  I recommend the series, and I definitely recommend you read them in order.

Here's how the book begins.

The club relied on the trendy darkness mixed with strobing colored lights to create an atmosphere I'd tried to avoid since the year after college.

From page 56, we find this exchange between a reporter and Laurel, the main character:

"There's a report that ties you to a death overnight," he said.
"And you want a confirmation?  Okay, I'm not dead."

I'll be reviewing this book next Thursday.  I hope you have a fantastic weekend and come back next week to read my full review.

7 comments:

  1. THat's confirmation alright LOL. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fun humorous excerpts.

    Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Thank you, Mark. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of this series but haven't read any of the books. I like the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever opening! Enjoy
    My post is here https://francebooktours.com/2021/02/05/loving-modigliani-book-beginnings/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Friday56. LOL This sounds like something I would enjoy. I am glad you enjoyed it, Mark. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That beginning made me laugh. Sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.