Saturday, February 6, 2021

February 6th's Weekly TV Thoughts

 The CW announced quite a few renewals this week.  Pretty much all of their shows will be back except the ones they've already announced as cancelled or the ones that haven't premiered yet.  Obviously, if the ratings are good for the ones that haven't premiered yet, they'll be picked up later.  I guess that means I will have to decide about Batwoman, although right now I am intrigued by this season.

Batwoman – That was a needed episode in many ways with the immediate team coming to terms with the new Batwoman, including Batwoman herself.  I’d seen pictures of the new outfit, and I do like it.  That assassin, on the other hand, no so much.  Rather creepy and a bit disgusting.  Very intrigued by this person who claims to have Kate.  I’m wondering just where they can go with this mystery considering the actress left the show.  How will that ever be truly resolved without her appearing on the show?

Card Sharks – Neither game was really that close this week.  That’s okay, they were still pretty fun.  I’ll admit I was rooting for the second winner to win big with the money cards, but they just weren’t with her.

Ellen’s Game of Games – I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the team that won in Danger Word.  Those were some pretty impressive leaps she took to get the words.  Been a while since we’ve seen blindfolded musical chairs.  I don’t think I would have done any better on hotter hands had I been in the hot seat.

The Weakest Link – That was a very nice come from behind win at the end.  I didn’t think Glen had a chance.  You could tell how nervous he was.

Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist – First episode of the show I really haven’t enjoyed.  Between the drug trip and the lecture at the end, it didn’t feel like the show at all.  I did enjoy Max’s storyline and Maggie’s scenes.  Sorry to see them writing off the sister, she was a fun character.

Call Me Kat – And that’s a wrap.  If you are fast forwarding through the show because it is making you cringe, it’s time to move on to a new show.

Star Trek Discovery – The cliffhanger wasn’t as bad as I had expected.  In fact, once we got to it, I remembered hearing about it.  I was actually very impressed with how they wrapped things up, too.  Enjoyable climax to the season.  Glad I watched it, although I’m still not ready to subscribe to CBS All Access (or whatever they are calling themselves now) to watch more.

WandaVision – Having what is happening inside and outside the sitcom world is both fun and weird.  I really liked the sitcoms.  However, I’m intrigued by the scenes in the outside world for sure.  I thought Wanda being in charge was a misdirection, but clearly she really is in charge.  Now, to figure out how to free the people and get her the help she clearly needs.  And that ending?  Where is that going to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.