Saturday, February 13, 2021

February 13th's Weekly TV Thoughts

 Not too much I watch on this week.  And next week isn't looking any better.  In fact, it will be missing another show from this list since Zoey is not going to be back until the end of March.  But we've got a couple of the Arrowverse shows starting up in the next couple of weeks.

The Equalizer – The Superbowl pulled me in.  I wasn’t planning to start the show since I’ve watched neither of the movies (or the original series), but the ads made it look good.  I enjoyed it.  I wish the “client” had stayed put like she was supposed to, but I liked that the detective was hesitant about the frame from the very beginning.  It’s nice to see a smart detective in shows/books like this.  I wish it weren’t on Sunday night since the rest of my week is looking pretty empty, but I think I will be back.

Ellen’s Game of Games – A couple of games we haven’t seen in a while.  I’d forgotten about both of them, too.  Don’t leave me hanging is fun.  But I really love the umbrella game.  The winner was doing so well, then suddenly lost her luck and couldn’t get any correct any more.

Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist – Can we say lecture?  That was just painful to watch, and it was the writer’s fault.  It just felt like a cliché to me.  If they had tried to break some new ground, offer some new thoughts on things, I probably would have enjoyed it.

WandaVision – What?  That was my reaction to the end of the episode.  I have no clue what that twist means for the next episode.  It just keeps getting stranger and stranger.  Honestly, I’m not sure what I think about what we’ve seen so far.  I have a feeling I’m going to need to rewatch this series once we know what is happening so I can see how they unspooled it all for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.