Friday, June 24, 2022

June 24th's Friday Post

We've made it to Friday!  And, once again, I'm taking it off to make a three day weekend, so I'm already in weekend mode.  But, before I get there completely, I'm going to create a Friday post.  I will be linking up this week to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

This week, I'll be pulling quotes from Muddled Through by Barbara Ross.


This is the tenth book in the Maine Clambake Mysteries.  I finished it earlier this week, and I loved it, which is no surprise since this is a favorite series.

This book jumps right into the action, which makes for a great Book Beginnings and First Line Friday:

I spotted the whirl of blue lights the moment I left my mother's house.

Doesn't that make you want to read on to find out what is happening?

Jumping ahead to page 56, we get this quote for Friday 56:

If Dr. Simpson, a family practitioner and our part-time ME, couldn't handle the situation, it meant cause of death wasn't either natural or obvious.  The call to the state police Major Crimes Unit could only mean one thing - murder.

Okay, so maybe that quote isn't exactly shocking.  I mean, I read murder mysteries so is it really a surprise that a murder took place?

I enjoyed this book as always.  The official release date is this coming Tuesday, and I hope you'll come back then for my full review.

Let's close thing out with the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

What is your reading preference - fiction or nonfiction? 

Definitely fiction.  Specifically, mystery.  More specifically, cozy mystery.  Although I do read some harder mysteries and some middle grade mystery and fantasy.

13 comments:

  1. Having trouble signing on to Blogger accounts lately, even though I stay signed in to my Blogger pages. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good book. The cover is cute too.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/06/24/friday-56-quote-from-you-had-me-at-halloumi-by-ginger-jones/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really good. Love the snippets! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this series on my TBR. It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday!! Hope you have a great long weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday!
    I’m currently reading To Kiss a Wallflower. It’s an anthology of short stories. So far, I am loving it! I’ll share a line from the story I’m currently reading.
    “Lottie left the woods with a new sense of power.”
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fiction for me too. Have a great 3 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like books that start in the middle of action. Grabs you right off the bat! I do suppose that a murder in a murder mystery would be expected . . . I'd be a surprised if it was the other way around! Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have gotten so behind on this series and this one looks fun! I'm mostly a fiction fan too though I do enjoy some nonfiction periodically but only certain authors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely fiction for me.

    I posted the first line from A Healer's Promise by Misty M Beller: https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/06/24/a-healers-promise/

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My first line comes from Long Way Home by Lynn Austin. Just released.
    Hudson Valley, New York. June, 1946
    “I know it looks hopeless,” I told Jimmy Barnett’s father. “But we can’t give up until Jimmy is better. Until he’s home again.”

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read cozy mystery too although I kind of prefer paranormal cozy mystery, about the same as cozy mystery, murder with a side of magic or something like it.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.