Wednesday, June 1, 2022

June 1st's Can't Wait Wednesday

With the holiday this week, I almost missed that it was time for Can't Wait Wednesday.  But we are at what would normally be the middle of the week.

This week, I'm featuring Muddled Through by Barbara Ross.


This is the tenth book in her Maine Clambake Mysteries.  Here's the official plot description:

Mud season takes on a whole new meaning in the coastal town of Busman's Harbor, Maine, when local business owners sling dirt at one another in a heated feud over a proposed pedestrian mall. Vandalism is one thing, but murder means Julia Snowden of the Snowden Family Clambake steps in to clean up the case . . .

When Julia spots police cars in front of Lupine Design, she races over. Her sister Livvie works there as a potter. Livvie is unharmed but surrounded by smashed up pottery. The police find the owner Zoey Butterfield digging clay by a nearby bay, but she has no idea who would target her store. Zoey is a vocal advocate for turning four blocks of Main Street into a pedestrian mall on summer weekends. Other shop owners, including her next-door neighbor, are vehemently opposed. Could a small-town fight provoke such destruction? When a murder follows the break-in, it’s up to Julia to dig through the secrets and lies to uncover the truth . . .

This is one of my favorite series.  Between that and the surprising ending the previous book left us with, I'm very anxious to read this one and find out what happens to the characters next.  It's been a long wait between books.

The book will be published on June 28th.  I've got an ARC, so I'll be starting it in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I just love that title! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to catch up on this series. I really enjoyed the early books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.